A very boring thread about wheelie bin storage...

(33 Posts)
HexyAndIKnowIt Thu 10-Sep-20 13:46:15

I need to find a triple bin store. It needs to go in the front of the house so the nicer looking the better.
The area where it's going is a bit wooded so I want something that ideally isn't going to stand out like a sore thumb. Thought I'd solved this with a rattan one from Vida XL only to see in the small print:

Note: It is recommended to cover the product during rain, snow or frost

Which is kind of the point of an outdoor wheelie bin store....
Anyone found anything nice lately?

OP’s posts: |
willitbetonight Thu 10-Sep-20 13:47:20

Following as same issue. The only stuff I like costs ££££. I think I'm going to get a carpenter to make a bespoke one to hide all my boxes as well.

AriettyHomily Thu 10-Sep-20 13:49:48

Bespoke round here most of the other ones fit doubles.

Filterlea Thu 10-Sep-20 14:03:59

Try primrose.co.uk they do a few different ones, and some that hold boxes as well as bins.

HexyAndIKnowIt Thu 10-Sep-20 14:09:37

I’ve seen one on sue Ryder, odd place for it I thought but if it helps the charity.

shop.sueryder.org/triple-wheelie-bin-stores.html

That’s about the best I’ve seen. Nobody locally seems to be doing bespoke either.

Still boggling at the one above that needs covering up grin

HexyAndIKnowIt Thu 10-Sep-20 14:10:56

Filterlea

Try primrose.co.uk they do a few different ones, and some that hold boxes as well as bins.

This one is ok actually but annoyingly out of stock.

www.primrose.co.uk/240l-triple-wooden-slatted-wheelie-bin-store-lacewing-p-108841.html?cPath=2714_3524_10971_11041

PigletJohn Thu 10-Sep-20 14:23:49

if you can use a saw, a drill, and a screwdriver, you can make one.

I like Decking Boards for outdoor and garden carpentry. You can use a fence stain in brown or green to blend in. I think it looks better than fence panels, and it's very sturdy.

Advertisement

willitbetonight Thu 10-Sep-20 14:24:55

Local Facebook groups are your friend for bespoke. Ask for recommendations with pictures.

FiftyFrumpyFiveFoot Thu 10-Sep-20 14:25:59

Rowlinson BINTRPL1 Triple Bin Store, Natural Timber, 3 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B010ODIMAW/ref=cmsww_rcpp_apiii_DIIwFbAEHBNG8

fluffiphlox Thu 10-Sep-20 14:27:42

During a fit of boredom at the height of lockdown my husband made one from a couple of palettes and some roofing felt. It’s quite presentable.

tdm1 Thu 10-Sep-20 14:29:45

fluffiphlox

During a fit of boredom at the height of lockdown my husband made one from a couple of palettes and some roofing felt. It’s quite presentable.

Please post a picture!

PaulaSmith1 Thu 10-Sep-20 14:38:45

How about some camouflage netting?

HexyAndIKnowIt Thu 10-Sep-20 14:49:21

PigletJohn

if you can use a saw, a drill, and a screwdriver, you can make one.

I like Decking Boards for outdoor and garden carpentry. You can use a fence stain in brown or green to blend in. I think it looks better than fence panels, and it's very sturdy.

We'd considered this, but tbh DH is flat out at work and neither of us really have the time at this point to build one.

We built a pier into the pond over the summer, probably should have started the bin store as it would have been more practical 😂

fluffiphlox Thu 10-Sep-20 20:30:14

Those asking me to post a picture of our homemade bin shelter, I can’t I’m afraid, because I’m in France until the end of the month.

Gemma2019 Thu 10-Sep-20 20:35:01

These are all so nice, I would love one to cover my three wheelie bins. Unfortunately I live in east London and these would last about 15 minutes anywhere near my house before getting stolen.

BewareTheBeardedDragon Thu 10-Sep-20 20:39:47

I'm always put off these because of the hassle I imagine in getting the bin out if it on bin day. I have opted for minimising the ugly by growing jasmine behind them and other plants up the side. My bins get really heavy and difficult to manoeuvre by bin day.

falcon5 Thu 10-Sep-20 20:40:12

Rat hangout heaven.

Mutunus Thu 10-Sep-20 21:13:27

How about making a frame and covering with something like this.
Two sizes – Height: 1m x Length: 3m. Height: 1.5m x Length: 3m.
Costs about £40.00
Amazon Link tinyurl.com/y4t9aams

VeniVidiWeeWee Fri 11-Sep-20 01:36:00

@HexyAndIKnowIt

"We built a pier into the pond over the summer"

Come now, we need photos. Like Southend pier?

TheHighestSardine Fri 11-Sep-20 02:09:19

Tiger Sheds do good stuff, but priced appropriately.

TheHighestSardine Fri 11-Sep-20 02:09:38

Whoops - pressed the wrong button.
www.tigersheds.com/storage-sheds/bins/

HexyAndIKnowIt Fri 11-Sep-20 09:40:34

VeniVidiWeeWee

*@HexyAndIKnowIt*

"We built a pier into the pond over the summer"

Come now, we need photos. Like Southend pier?

Haha no nothing that grand. Just something to moor the little boat we use too
I think we’ll probably go with the sue Ryder screen. If it still sticks out then I might add some willow screen to the doors maybe to blend it in a bit.

Wildwood6 Fri 11-Sep-20 11:47:19

This company has drawn up plans to build a triple bin store which you can contract them for www.fentonrobertsgardendesign.co.uk/single-post/2015/09/06/How-to-make-a-Bin-Store-with-a-Green-Roof-1
I know you've mentioned that you're pretty busy at the moment but maybe get hold of the plans and get a local handyman to quote to build it for you?

DrCoconut Fri 11-Sep-20 12:10:17

I've learned my something new for the day grin It would never have occurred to me that I needed storage for my bin. It's bad enough finding suitable units for the house. <goes to look at bin storage as ours are not attractive>

BewareTheBeardedDragon Fri 11-Sep-20 13:31:56

Crikey that's some pond! You boat on it?!? Lucky you grin

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in