Miele cordless-extended warranty? JL offer?

(4 Posts)
AmberRoseGold Wed 09-Sep-20 14:37:56

I am planning on buying the Miele cat and dog cordless. I have previously bought Miele stuff from John Lewis and they have had offers with, say, a five year rather than standard two year warranty. I would also buy direct but just think JL are v good at honouring warranties etc..
Is there any pattern to these offers? I can wait a while if, for example, November is often a good month but I do have a labrador and pulling the corded vacuum out grows tedious.
Thank you.

OP’s posts: |
Ariela Wed 09-Sep-20 15:28:34

I wouldn't worry about a Miele warranty IME of dishwashers in our family (44 & 20 years & still going), washing machine (20 years still going) fridge freezer (must be 10 years or more) , brother's inherited hoover (possibly 30 years) etc you won't need any warranty.

AmberRoseGold Wed 09-Sep-20 15:49:16

Ha! But they don’t make ‘em like they used to. Point taken tho’

OP’s posts: |
Ariela Thu 10-Sep-20 00:35:30

AmberRoseGold

Ha! But they don’t make ‘em like they used to. Point taken tho’

I think they do still make Miele to last. They always top the reliability charts and are known for it. If they slipped off that pedestal sales would plummet as they're not the cheapest to buy (although work out cheaper in the long run due to longevity - in the time I've had my washing machine my friend is on her 4th or 5th) . Personally I really wouldn't bother with the extra warranty.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in