Talk

Advanced search

Small bathroom, small budget, which fixtures?

(2 Posts)
wtftodo Tue 08-Sep-20 10:28:32

We need to redo our smallish bathroom (1.9 x 1.6). We've had different builders and plumbers around to quote and they have all suggested different options and I'm struggling to make any choices.

We will be having shower over bath, 1700 x 700, probably a straight bath with panel, and boxed in at the end (though I like the look of a J shaped bath - but there'd be an awkward 20cm gap at the end...)

We have a new in box rigid shower head etc so could just buy a new thermostatic exposed valve but two quoters have told me to just bin it and get either concealed shower / bath filler or to get a bar shower (but couldn't I then just use the existing shower riser I have?)

With the bath - one plumber has pushed hard for us to get a bath overflow filler bath and I am totally confused. He seems to be saying there is only one bath which has the filler on the room-facing side of the bath and that's the one we have to get for maintenance reasons - a Duravit bath - but this is so much more expensive and I can't believe there's really only one bath that you can put the filler on the room-facing side?? Plus, I do think they look great, but along with concealed valves and taps it makes me nervous about how you fix them if anything goes wrong... So I can't decide whether to just ignore this advice and go for bath taps on the bath - and if so, where to put them..

Has anyone else any experience or advice to share? Also shout out to pigletjohn if you have any expert insight on overflow fillers!

OP’s posts: |
PeachPotato Tue 08-Sep-20 10:59:05

Following as we have a similar size bathroom!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in