Talk

Advanced search

L Bath or No L Bath?

(8 Posts)
Wowthisisreal Mon 07-Sep-20 18:55:56

Thats it really!

We are getting our bathroom done. We bought the house about 2 years ago and the previous owners removed the bath and added a shower. We have a LO so want to put a Bath back in (and I love baths!)

Never had an L Bath before but we can fit one in the space. Yay or Nay, pros and cons, what do people prefer (thinking possible resale too).

OP’s posts: |
Holliej Mon 07-Sep-20 21:59:47

We had one fitted in January and it’s great. Tbh I use the large end to bath DS too as more space for his little bath seat. It’s personal preference though. It’s nice to have that little bit more space when showering I have found also. X

Twaddledee Mon 07-Sep-20 22:07:25

I don’t know, thinking it will look dated more quickly than a regular shape bath

Kamma89 Tue 08-Sep-20 01:06:00

I really don't like how they look (but better than a P shaped one!). Would a wider bath fit in your space? 750mm or 800mm. We've had 750 before with a screen & had no issues with space ( all v tall/big people)

LittleMissRedHat Tue 08-Sep-20 09:12:42

I love an L bath! And I don't care if they might look dated at some point in the future (not sure why it would but...), if it suits my needs now then I'd go for it. I like the extra space you get for the shower bit. I might be a bit of a simple saddo, but for a small bathroom I think they are dead clever! grin

I can't imagine someone wouldn't buy your property in the future because they didn't like the shape of the bath.

Iheardit Tue 08-Sep-20 14:18:34

The only downside to an l shaped bath we found was the extra time/water to run a bath

rbe78 Tue 08-Sep-20 14:46:08

My sister has one, as no room for a shower and a bath. Much nicer for taking a shower in than a normal over the bath shower.

Flygirl94 Tue 08-Sep-20 14:51:27

Yes! Love more space in the shower end for me (shaving legs is easier) and I also put my toddler in the bath at that end on his own, more room to play around in

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in