Talk

Advanced search

Giving notice to EA

(10 Posts)
blunderbird Fri 04-Sep-20 11:20:08

We're coming to the end of our contract and need to give notice to our EA. Anything essential I should include?

OP’s posts: |
WhoWouldHaveThoughtThat Fri 04-Sep-20 17:53:14

Check the T & Cs to see what could happen if someone makes any offer through your new agent who may have been introduced by the first EA... maybe even run it past your solicitor and certainly raise the question with your new EA.

GatherlyGal Fri 04-Sep-20 19:18:06

We 've just given notice to ours and I'm hoping to negotiate an early end as I feel like we are really wasting time.

When you say end of the contract do you mean they had a minimum exclusivity period?

blunderbird Fri 04-Sep-20 19:58:52

Good advice thank you

OP’s posts: |
blunderbird Fri 04-Sep-20 20:06:04

@WhoWouldHaveThoughtThat interesting. Yes. They have a dual liability clause but no rates stated so that would be a good thing to ask. We've had lots of viewings and interest but only one offer, so there is a chance that someone might come back to us if we list again.

@GatherlyGal yes a minimum 14 week term

Has anyone had a success story changing agent? I think we will give it at least a 3 month break, perhaps list after Christmas

OP’s posts: |
blunderbird Fri 04-Sep-20 20:22:30

@GatherlyGal what makes you think you are wasting your time? Mine are doing a lot right, great photos, reasonable communication, good floor plans etc but they aren't shifting their stock locally. Whereas other agents seem to have properties sold faster.

Things I'm questioning are viewing lengths (they give 15 min viewings) , which seems pretty hurried and don't seem to do much to encourage an offer I.e if they don't make an offer the next day ,the viewer gets emailed for feedback and no further dialogue is had. So it's all rather passive

OP’s posts: |
GatherlyGal Fri 04-Sep-20 20:39:38

I don't know what ours are doing but houses are coming on and selling and we are just stuck.

I think they are understaffed so slow to return calls etc and no slots for viewings.

I've seen 2 agents who seem 100% more pro-active and switched on and I want to give it to one of them. Current agents have had it since Feb and I think that's just putting people off now.

We want a short break then back on with new agents. Better photos etc. I just think there is a window before the stamp duty holiday ends and I hate just sitting here with nothing happening.

GatherlyGal Fri 04-Sep-20 20:43:31

Why wait 3 months? I think the market is really active right now. A Jan listing might be v tight to sell and exchange before the stamp duty holiday ends.

blunderbird Sat 05-Sep-20 08:56:01

Mostly because we're fatigued. We've had nearly 40 viewings and I
Think I have spent more time tidying than playing with my children recently. It's so all consuming isn't it. We would've loved to have benefited from the stamp duty savings but in a way they've been a false saving here as house prices have risen, so what would've been 650'is now 725. Our house was valued before the stamp duty announcement so our house price is static whilst the ones that would give us more space are now out of reach

OP’s posts: |
GatherlyGal Sat 05-Sep-20 10:42:39

*@blunderbird I hear you. Ours are teens so getting them out of their rooms so I can make them respectable for viewings has been arduous never mind getting them out of house.

DH wants to change jobs and we can't do that until we have a mortgage so we want to just get on asap. I've had to rev myself up to get going.

Obviously old agent did not return my call yesterday - on advice of new agent I'm hoping to negotiate notice period down a bit but I doubt they will go for it. We dropped our price quite a bit thinking we would sell straightaway and nothing happened so I don't want to go lower and yes every other house seems to be more and more £££.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in