Talk

Advanced search

Cost to convert from traditional to Combi heating system.

(4 Posts)
AbsolutelyGassed Sat 29-Aug-20 16:31:45

Hi,

I'm upgrading the central heating system in a small 3 bed terrace in South East. This will include removing a traditional boiler and 2 cylinders and replacing with a Combi boiler, 5 radiators, valves / thermostat controls and pipe work. I'm getting quotes in at the £4 to 4.5k (Worcester or Valliant boilers) range. Does this seem reasonable?

OP’s posts: |
BBCONEANDTWO Sun 30-Aug-20 09:40:21

That's the amount we paid for a 2 bedroomed to upgrade from a back boiler to Valiant and radiators (8 radiators altogether). Good thing is they came in and did it in 1 and a half days so it was well worth it having a lovely hot bath that night with the water straight from the combi boiler and the water pressure in the shower was fantastic.

CurlyStrawsRock Sun 30-Aug-20 19:20:25

Ours was about £5k for an Ideal boiler with tech (so we can turn heating on and off via the Internet). We replaced 5 radiators and removed another 3 completely (changed layout of house). They also removed a super old standing chimney flue boiler system. We used the same company my parents had used in their house and the house they rent out. Let me know where you are location in case you'd like their details!

AbsolutelyGassed Sun 30-Aug-20 20:11:40

Thanks for your responses - This is reassuring. I'm based in London.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in