Talk

Advanced search

Beddington

(7 Posts)
Vicky1633 Mon 24-Aug-20 07:36:57

Hello

I'm a FTB and have found a property i adore near Richmond Rd in Beddington. I wanted to ask for some honest opinions on the area?

It seems to have a lot of nice green space and Waddon st is not far. But am concerned about the treatment centre and incinerator, have they been an issue in recent times?

Thanks in advance

OP’s posts: |
BradPittsLeftTit Mon 24-Aug-20 07:45:16

Hi!

I'm in Wallington so further west than Beddington

Richmond road is near Waddon Ponds (there's a nice walk to Beddington park) which is lovely. However, the area is quite near Purley Way and I believe it does suffer from noise and some anti social behaviour because of it.

However, the incinerator hasn't been much of a problem regarding smell etc

I'm unsure if your budget but if you could stretch to further south and the other side of the main road, there are more green spaces and it does suffer less as is that big further from the Purley way.

Not sure if this helps at all!!

BradPittsLeftTit Mon 24-Aug-20 07:46:03

Sorry for typos, still bleary eyed!!

JoJoSM2 Mon 24-Aug-20 08:37:24

The smell from the sewer treatment plant does travel past the big Asda so I’d be a bit worried that it might get whiffy on some days. It’s good to be close to Beddington Park which is gorgeous but, frankly, I’d find it a bit depressing to live in that quadrant between the treatment works and Purley Way.
I don’t know if you’re planning children but something has happened at Beddington Park Primary. It used to be a great school but results have gone down over the last 3 years and it failed its Ofsted miserably this year.

Not sure about pricing but have you checked out Wallington? You’d still be near Beddington Park and there are some beautiful period properties. The high street isn’t amazing but the ambiance a million times better that Purley Way. Or Carshalton Village? That’s very attractive: somewhere that would feel really lovely to come home to after work.

JoJoSM2 Mon 24-Aug-20 11:05:40

I just had a look on Rightmove. Is it the very charming 2-bed house on for 400k? It’s gorgeous, but with that budget, you can get a much nicer area:

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-72578343.html
That’s well located for Wallington and Carshalton Village and on 3 different train lines + Westcroft leisure centre has a great gym and pool.

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-94670021.html

If you could live with a busy-ish road (but low speed and no sitting traffic), then that’s a really smart spot (Waitrose, independent shops, fab park with Park Run and British Military Fitness and other amenities). A much nicer spot to be.

treesandrocks Mon 24-Aug-20 11:32:40

It used to get very strong smells from the sewage works, not sure if it still does and is a bit in the middle of nowhere.

Agree with @JoJoSM2 Carshalton, Sutton or Cheam are nicer if you have the budget for them. Further out Sanderstead and Warlingham are very green, outstanding schools and might be affordable.

Vicky1633 Mon 24-Aug-20 11:54:45

Thanks all, really appreciate the insights smile

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in