(8 Posts)
Noyournevergunnagetit Sat 22-Aug-20 21:06:14

Any diyers on here know how to fix this by any chance? Leave my rented property next month and would rather fix it then have the landlord complain... Or do you think this would come under as wear and tear?

OP’s posts: |
dementedpixie Sun 23-Aug-20 09:27:35

What on earth happened? Doesnt look like wear and tear - was it like that when you moved in?

cantstopsinginglittlebabybum Sun 23-Aug-20 09:28:20

That's not wear and tear.

You need to speak to your landlord.

Persipan Sun 23-Aug-20 09:31:24

You can get repair kits for chipped bath enamel which might be worth a try. That does look like a fairly extensive amount of damage, though, so I think you might struggle to convince anyone it was fair wear and tear.

Noyournevergunnagetit Sun 23-Aug-20 12:22:17

Thanks will try a enamel repair kit!
@dementedpixie when we moved in it was a tiny rusted chip seems to off got worse over the year though!

OP’s posts: |
WhoWouldHaveThoughtThat Mon 24-Aug-20 07:32:21

I think that's the sort of wear and tear you get if you try cleaning a car engine block in the bath.

There is a company called Diamond Gleam who repair bath chips, but it does look pretty extensive and it's the rust that's the issue now.

testingtesting101 Mon 24-Aug-20 08:53:35

I think that's a problem with the bath (cheap? old?), that is pretty bad and the landlord should be replacing it and definitely not charging you!


RobHRN Mon 31-May-21 12:05:32

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in