Bay window roof section

(5 Posts)
PragmaticWench Wed 19-Aug-20 11:45:26

We've had a new bay window installed and I'm less than happy about the top of the bay (pictures attached including a picture from above).

Should there be more of a roof on this, rather than just an inset piece of board? Shouldn't there be lead flashing or similar to prevent water ingress?

We have the company coming out today and I want to be clear with them about the issue. I'm sure the vertical plastic strip around the top with screws showing must be wrong?

OP’s posts: |
Rollercoaster1920 Wed 19-Aug-20 12:27:57

What roof is going on top? A flat one? EPDM, or fibreglass? In which case the screw holes will all be covered with whatever material is going on top.

Do you have enough insulation in there to pass building regs?

PragmaticWench Wed 19-Aug-20 13:12:39

That's just it, the installation team left last week and this is apparently done! I'll see what the people out today say, I'm certain there should be insulation and a sealing membrane of some type.

Lazypuppy Wed 19-Aug-20 13:20:23

Does the company do roofs as well or just windows? Check what you've actually paid for

PragmaticWench Wed 19-Aug-20 20:40:30

Turns out there should be a sloped roof with lead flashing, just the installers didn't put it on or tell head office they'd not done it. hmm

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in