Talk

Advanced search

How much to replace a broken velux window?

(4 Posts)
flythewindmill Wed 19-Aug-20 09:33:14

The current one isn't actually branded I don't think and it's always open a crack, which means the room can't be used as a bedroom. I think I can buy a replacement for around £200 but now thinking about getting it fitted. How much do you think I'll end up paying? I'm worried it's going to be one of those 'too small' jobs that no one will want. I'm posting on a local site but need to put a budget so I just wondered what was realistic?

OP’s posts: |
flythewindmill Wed 19-Aug-20 09:35:11

Meant to add, in another part of the loft there's an ordinary 'wall' window, quite a small one, that's also broken (!) and I looked into getting that replaced and it was going to be £1k as they would need scaffolding! Apparently roof windows can be done from the inside so I'm hoping it'll be a lot less!

OP’s posts: |
Normalmumandwife Wed 19-Aug-20 17:49:57

I had a quote for a Velux replacement for a non branded window and came in at about £1000. It is a large window though which I think cost £400. There was some joinery work to do as it want an exact size fit

Definitely go with Velux...three lines of defence against leaking!

Tulipvase Wed 19-Aug-20 18:40:18

I’m intrigued as to why the room can’t be used as a bedroom?

Also, we used to live in a block of 3 storey flats and the top floors definitely had their windows replaced without scaffolding? I’d ask another firm about the wall window.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in