Kitchens: Benchmarx vs Howdens vs DIY Kitchens

(7 Posts)
Lily7050 Tue 18-Aug-20 17:32:57

I wonder if anyone has compared them and which one would you prefer?
I like DIY coz they have lots of options and reasonably priced. However, I am a bit concerned that they do not have a telephone contact for customers, no local office, and had quite a few negative reviews for the past 12 months.
Howdens seems to be the most popular but they also got lots of negative reviews for the past 3-5 months. It looks like kitchen suppliers have been swamped with orders since the beginning of the lockdown and cannot meet increased demand.

OP’s posts: |
isseywith4vampirecats Tue 18-Aug-20 17:51:57

weve just installed a DIY kitchen and very happy with it good quality and reasonable price , benchmarx didnt even turn up to give us a qoute and our fitter installs howden kitchens and he said ours is better quality and cheaper than howdens

isseywith4vampirecats Tue 18-Aug-20 17:52:45

we went down to the showroom as soon as they reopened

minnieok Tue 18-Aug-20 18:10:07

Howdens are easy to work with, swopping units etc no problem and most stuff available within 24 hours

Takingontheworld Tue 18-Aug-20 18:26:58

Im gutted with the quality of benchmarx and the aftercare has been abysmal

Smallgoon Tue 18-Aug-20 22:55:52

DIY Kitchens are very clear that they don't offer a design service, hence their prices reflect this. I think their quality is superior to Howdens personally, I was considering both, and decided to go with DIY in the end. Can't speak for Benchmarx sorry.

Lily7050 Wed 19-Aug-20 15:50:15

Thanks to everyone for contribution.
I like shaker style doors being handleless. Howdens does them www.howdens.com/kitchens/fitted-kitchens/chelford/chelford-dove-grey-handleless
and Benchmarx as well.
But I have not seen them on DIY website.
Also not sure whether it is worth to buy timber doors from DIY if all cabinets are made of MFC?
I cannot decide between shaker with small handles or handleless slab doors.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in