Advanced search

Textured ceiling

(9 Posts)
aquamarine1 Sat 15-Aug-20 13:56:42

Hello, I know this is a quite ridiculous question that an adult should know the answer to but .... I don't.

What kind of tradesperson should I be contacting to deal with this textured ceiling to make it a normal smooth ceiling. It looks like paper rather than plaster.

OP’s posts: |
applesauce1 Sat 15-Aug-20 13:58:18

Textured and artex ceilings are an abomination and should never have been allowed.

You need a plasterer.

Pipandmum Sat 15-Aug-20 14:01:58

Theres a repeat to the pattern and the join lines mean paper. A decorator will strip it off, but it is quite likely that you will need to replaster it.

PineappleUpsideDownCake Sat 15-Aug-20 14:06:09

What sort of price is it to replaster aceiling?

shiveringwiggles Sat 15-Aug-20 14:09:33

We had a plastering quote for two ceilings (small/medium rooms) for £230

aquamarine1 Sat 15-Aug-20 14:10:55

Thanks everyone! Really helpful.

OP’s posts: |
madcatladyforever Sat 15-Aug-20 14:17:53

Artex is an abomination. I just had all the ceilings down in my new home because the artex was what can only be described as "flamboyant" with stalactites and everything, enough to skin you if you went too close.
The plasterer will sand it done then skim right over it. Job done.

ExchangedCat Sat 15-Aug-20 14:35:05

A plasterer is what you need. We had five ceilings reboarded and plastered because the artex in our new house was so awful. It cost £600.

aquamarine1 Sat 15-Aug-20 15:03:27

I've just checked and it's definitely paper - the 'artex' bit is like anagylipta (sp?). Going to strip it and see what we're left with.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in