Just agreed a house sale (as a seller) what happens next?

(11 Posts)
ThunderSkies Fri 14-Aug-20 15:36:18

As the question really. Thank you

OP’s posts: |
pinkbalconyrailing Fri 14-Aug-20 15:40:57

you instruct your solicitor and go from there.

the buyer should arrange for mortgage and their solicitor.

Maybenexttime08 Fri 14-Aug-20 15:55:45

I'm selling at the moment and it seems it is pretty much all on the buyers side. Once you instruct a solicitor they will send you some forms to fill in.. and then you wait... and nudge a bit!

LilLilLu Fri 14-Aug-20 15:57:43

Also maybe find somewhere to move to????

bilbodog Fri 14-Aug-20 16:04:19

Instruct Solicitor and give details to estate agent who Will produce memorandum of sale which goes to all parties and sets the ball rolling.

ThunderSkies Fri 14-Aug-20 16:38:20

Do I instructive solicitor immediately, or do I wait for the buyer to have done the searches/ reports etc?

OP’s posts: |
ThunderSkies Fri 14-Aug-20 16:42:38


Also maybe find somewhere to move to????

I’ve already moved, so that’s one less thing to worry about!

OP’s posts: |


pinkbalconyrailing Fri 14-Aug-20 16:45:21

do it now.
you need to fill in a bundle of forms and you might need to answer buyer's questions on the seller's information pack and survey results.

have anything you need at hand about important/common questions
- last boiler service
- last gas safety check
- how old electrics are/documents about electrical work
- fensa certificates
- your own survey from when you bought

I probably forgot a few...

Shelley54 Fri 14-Aug-20 17:41:42

Your buyer won't do searches etc until 1) the estate agent (if there is one) sends a sales memorandum and b) your solicitor sends the draft contract. Both of these require you to have obstructed a solicitor.

You then get some forms to complete such as fixtures and fittings, information about your property's boundaries etc, and these go to the buyer.

Shelley54 Fri 14-Aug-20 17:42:07

Oh dear. 1) and b). I'm tired.

user1471538283 Wed 19-Aug-20 14:53:32

Instruct a solicitor and complete the forms. I always put some money on account as well. You might have to chase the estate agent and solicitor

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in