Attingham Seagrams on bathroom walls, what do I put on the floor?

(18 Posts)
MojoJojo71 Thu 13-Aug-20 16:38:40

Planning a new bathroom and there are so many decisions to make. Would love a freestanding bath but don’t have room for a separate shower so probably going to go for something like this one.

www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/appleby-1550-roll-top-shower-bath-with-screen-chrome-leg-set?campaign=googlebase&PS2PVV1=15594&gclid=CjwKCAjwydP5BRBREiwA-qrCGq4f8ytWjuE6Mr4lkyfI9FpWYqlMKLrq8cnNMEZwted4W4nezeXIyBoCd8YQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Think I’ve finally decided I’m going to have Attingham Seagrass tiles on the walls but what on Earth am I going to put on the floor? Any ideas? Do any of you have these wall tiles and are you willing to share a photo of your bathroom please? I’d love to see them in a real bathroom. I feel like The grey ones are probably a safer bet but I just love the seagrass colour

www.toppstiles.co.uk/attingham/attingham-seagrass-tile?gclid=CjwKCAjwydP5BRBREiwA-qrCGnRKjiLJunmWeFPkb12y19CsdehUGiYs8k-Zjm4txqbfr0R26DoBhhoCNAoQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

OP’s posts: |
NachoNachoMan Thu 13-Aug-20 17:52:27

I've been looking at that same bath for our bathroom too, although I'm not keen in the matching loo and sink. I was thinking of white tiles like those above and a black and white tile floor 😁 then I can paint the walls the colour I like and can change when I want to get bored. I do love the sea grass tiles, I was thinking about painting the walls that sort if colour

NachoNachoMan Thu 13-Aug-20 18:06:09

Or charcoal and white, something like this

www.toppstiles.co.uk/berkeley/berkeley-charcoal-tile

I guess depends if you're getting chrome or black taps?

MojoJojo71 Thu 13-Aug-20 19:38:03

@NachoNachoMan that’s lovely. I’ve been looking at these too but not sure if it’s too much with the coloured tiles. My bathroom is 100% tiled and has no window so there’ll be lots of Seagrass but they are so lovely

NachoNachoMan Fri 14-Aug-20 08:56:32

Snap - currently my whole bathroom is tiled & it's our windowless ensuite, but only going to get part of it tiled as at the moment the tiles are too much. How's the light in there? I guess a pale floor might be better to make it feel brighter. Or could you maybe do the sea grass as a feature wall or maybe halfway up or something? Have you decided what colour grout you're going for?

Inabarunderthesea Fri 14-Aug-20 09:26:40

Had these in our bathroom for five years, only half way up the wall with white paint above. Floor is a textured mid grey tile with a fleck of mustard (which works surprisingly well)

MojoJojo71 Fri 14-Aug-20 11:06:31

@NachoNachoMan it has pretty good lighting. This is what it currently looks like. Maybe I should stick with the plain grey/white type flooring that’s currently in there

Advertisement

MojoJojo71 Fri 14-Aug-20 11:07:11

Or something like this

Tams1234 Sun 16-Aug-20 00:36:25

We have just ordered the attingham tiles and are getting these ones on the floor, Nyans Island White Wood Effect Tiles from walls and floors.co.uk.

Anxietea Sun 16-Aug-20 00:38:14

Ah fuck the grey, grey is everywhere. Get the colour you love, you'll be looking at it every day for years.

Mosaic123 Sun 16-Aug-20 08:28:01

Make sure you get floor tiles that are not too slippery when they are wet. We are changing the floor tiles in our bathroom as they are super shiny. Tiles have slip ratings. R9 is the slipperiest, R13 is much less so. R 10 or R11 is good for floors. Every tile is rated. Ask the shop or website.

MojoJojo71 Sun 16-Aug-20 18:52:34

@Tams1234 they are really nice. I’ve never seen wood effect tiles before

@Anxietea 🤣 that’s what I keep trying to tell myself. The grey looks nice too but I think I’ll end up lying in the bath thinking ‘wish I’d gone with the Seagrass’

@Mosaic123 that’s really useful info, I’ll make sure I check

Anxietea Sun 16-Aug-20 19:16:31

MojoJojo71

2 years ago I put green tiles in the kitchen which I fell in love with. They make me happy/smile every time I see them. They brighten up an otherwise small and stark kitchen. They cost far too much money per sqm, but as I was only tiling a small area the actual cash cost wasn't outrageous, iyswim.

This went in the face of very strong advice from the builder and friends and family that I should go with white as it's clean and neutral and would appeal to more buyers in the future...!

I'm very happy that I ignored them all. Especially as it now looks like we won't be moving for a while!

MrsBungle Sun 16-Aug-20 19:20:33

I love the colour op. I’m about to renovate my bathroom too. I’m going white metro tile but with a fancier tile on the shower wall. I think I’m going for this grey floor. We are also having a claw foot bath.

Tams1234 Sun 16-Aug-20 21:41:53

I forgot to say I am going for the seagrass! We are also going to have a feature wall with the geometric tiles and then brass fixtures with a dark wooden vanity unit and a large shower.

FlamedToACrisp Tue 18-Aug-20 02:00:53

I love the seagrass! Grey floor is the obvious choice, but would you consider a slightly purple floor, like this: www.floortique.co.uk/product/plum-brazilian-slate-cleft/

MojoJojo71 Wed 19-Aug-20 14:11:08

@FlamedToACrisp that’s gorgeous!

MojoJojo71 Wed 19-Aug-20 19:37:24

Would something like this be too much?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in