Moving to Malvern

(5 Posts)
Aslanmycat Sun 09-Aug-20 10:04:53

Does anyone have any advice about Malvern. We wanted to move from west Birmingham 20 years ago but circumstances stopped us. Kids both grown up now, daughter keen for us to move as loves Malvern.
Looking for period house nr station.
Wide semi/ detached property,3-4 bedrooms plus study. Must have sunny garden. Interests: theatre performer/singer, musician, artist, wildlife gardener. Any thoughts from Malverners? Could we find our place?

OP’s posts: |
rhubarblover Fri 28-Aug-20 21:08:22

I’ve only just seen this post and it may be too late, but have you made any progress with your idea of moving to Malvern? I have lived here for 25 years. There are plenty of nice period houses not too far from the stations ( Malvern has 2 - Great Malvern and Malvern Link), but as always, depends how much you are willing to spend. If you want a sunny garden, don’t pick a house too close to the eastern side of the hills.

Shadowboy Fri 28-Aug-20 21:44:48

Some of Malvern is dark for much of the day due to the Hills and many properties have steep gardens but Malvern is lovely especially Great Malvern and surrounding villages. I don’t like Malvern Link at all as it feels less characterful and a bit drab.

It’s manic in summer with tourists but I love it in Autumn and the run up to Christmas.
You’ll find a wealth of ‘arty’ type things to do; in fact Malvern is the more arty liberal side of Worcester really. House prices can be higher though due to the views and Georgian housing stock.

Aslanmycat Sat 29-Aug-20 10:24:50

Thanks both,
I think we’ll again next year now once we have a handle on how things will pan out.
I will want to get involved in the music and arts so that is attractive.

OP’s posts: |
BumholeJ Sat 29-Aug-20 10:42:32

Malvern is a great choice; the theatre is excellent, the walks, scenery and transport links are also good, lots of period houses due to it being a spa town and leading on from this - Malvern Spa is amazing.

Very arty, musical, loads of amazing local food/drinks/galleries - I think the prices are relatively cheap considering the benefits of the location.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in