Extras in a new build

(5 Posts)
edin16 Sat 08-Aug-20 10:16:20

I'm just wondering if anyone's bought a new build property recently and can tell me...
If you add some upgrades and additions to a property do these get added on to the price of the house (ie, the mortgage would cover them) or do you have to pay for them outright?
Does that make sense?

OP’s posts: |
Maybenexttime08 Sat 08-Aug-20 10:25:55

Hi, we've just done that. You have to pay for the upgrades separately from your mortgage, on a credit card or similar. Was a surprise to us, but normally you can negotiate paying 50% of it, and it also has 14 day cooling off in case something goes wrong!

edin16 Sat 08-Aug-20 10:33:44

@Maybenexttime08 Can I ask how much you paid extra? I know it will vary between companies and how much you get but just a ball park figure would be nice to know.

OP’s posts: |
GrumpyHoonMain Sat 08-Aug-20 10:53:25

It is usually reflected in the house price. Ocassionally cash buyers are allowed to pay via credit card etc

Maybenexttime08 Sat 08-Aug-20 10:57:56

We've got some things included, like flooring in the bathroom and basic kitchen etc but we have chosen to upgrade our kitchen doors and surfaces and our flooring, as well as moving some plugs around and adding chrome lighting. Also things like outdoor lighting, burglar alarm, power to the garage.Come to about £18,000 I think.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in