What are typical legal fees for selling a property?

(6 Posts)
passthemustard Wed 05-Aug-20 15:02:50

Thanks guys.
I've used both to buy. Pros and cons I guess. I found the online system fab with the checklist and being and being to see exactly where I was at the click of a mouse but OMG were they slow. The local solicitor I used was quick but I never knew where I was and getting hold of them was a nightmare.

OP’s posts: |
CMOTDibbler Wed 05-Aug-20 13:58:23

I'm using an online one, and apart from them keeping sending documents to my brother (who is named as an executor, but is not doing anything in this process) it is going very well, and I really like that I can see online exactly what progress has been made

Dinosauraddict Wed 05-Aug-20 13:55:57

Every property I've sold has come in at just under £1k for all the legal fees (proper solicitor and not online conveyancer).

passthemustard Wed 05-Aug-20 13:51:28

@CMOTDibbler thank you! Are you using a local lawyer or an 'online' one?

CMOTDibbler Wed 05-Aug-20 13:40:35

I'm selling my parents house atm, and it will come to £775 including all the charges, ID checks etc

passthemustard Wed 05-Aug-20 13:36:24

I've never sold a property before but I'm considering selling a 2 bed flat leasehold that's on a buy to let mortgage. What's involved in legal fees? There won't need to be any searches or anything will there? and what about land registry charges?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in