Rangemaster cooker problem

(2 Posts)
KitMarlowesCodpieceOfthigh Thu 06-Aug-20 18:54:36

Sorry to reply so late - I've only just discovered this forum! We've had a similar problem with our Leisure dual fuel range. We had the repair company come out multiple times (local to us - Gillman's, in Gloucestershire) and the best we could manage was to get it so that the fan runs all the time if the cooker is switched on at the wall. That's the only way we've found for it not tripping the electrics every time we use it. The repair guy was baffled. He did think there might be damp in the elements but he replaced them and the problem kept happening.

Sorry not to help at all, but you're not alone.

Timesdone Tue 21-Jul-20 19:29:10

Not sure this is the best place to post so happy to move to another section if there's one more appropriate. My 10 yr old Rangemaster trips the electrics when I use the grill, not always, but frequently. One time it stopped both ovens working but eventually they came back to life. I've had an electrician check out the electrics which are all no more than 10 yrs old as house has been rewired, he found all to be fine. Rangemaster charged £200 upfront payment to send a repair man to check it over. He couldn't find anything wrong. When it happened again after his visit, they said that call was closed & it would be £200 again for another visit. I can't get anyone else to take a look, they all say speak to Rangemaster. It cost about £1200 so I'm reluctant to replace it but it does feel a bit dodgy. Any suggestions as to what could be the problem or how to resolve it ?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in