how long from mortgage survey to moving in? 'Quick sale' required

(16 Posts)
kaykkies Sun 05-Jul-20 13:06:47

Hi guys

So we are sale agreed on a house with the promise that we will be up for a quick sale.

We are first time buyers and i'm worried things aren't moving as promised.

we were sale agreed last Friday and the house is being surveyed by our mortgage providers tomorrow... how long to the house if officially sold and we are moving in?

I work in construction so everything that side is covered im just unsure about how fast/slow this process goes? our mortgage advisor has been great and our solicitor can push things as needed.

OP’s posts: |
kaykkies Sun 05-Jul-20 13:08:37

Ps. Apologies I am aware this is like asking 'how long is a piece of string?'

TARSCOUT Sun 05-Jul-20 13:10:48

4 weeks minimum.

ChicCroissant Sun 05-Jul-20 13:12:51

Check how long the searches are likely to take - that might be a few weeks.

kaykkies Sun 05-Jul-20 13:13:05

oh wow 4 weeks? Need to get my butt in gear!

mumwon Sun 05-Jul-20 22:30:54

really? more like to 2 to 3 months in England even with just one purchaser & no chain
It can take longer dependent on how fast your solicitor does his searches & ditto other sides solicitor & any questions they need to ask
You have to factor in how long mortgage takes to go through, exchange date & up to a fortnight for completion (which is a mutually agreed decision)

From personal experience

wtftodo Sun 05-Jul-20 22:32:56

Your mortgage advisor should be telling you which lenders to go with for a quick sale.

We bought our first property on the promise we would move within a month; we managed to exchange within 5 in the end, and complete in 6.

Advertisement

Bells3032 Sun 05-Jul-20 23:38:14

My completely chain free flat purchase took 10-11 weeks from sale agreed to completion.

Fettfrett Mon 06-Jul-20 06:58:50

Our first house the seller wanted a quick sale and it was chain free (FTB moving into empty property), it was 13 weeks from offer accepted until we got the keys. No issues and a straightforward transaction.

KnobJockey Mon 06-Jul-20 07:05:00

If everyone knows it's time essential and you really, really push, it can be 6 weeks, but 8-10 weeks is more likely.

Tfoot75 Mon 06-Jul-20 07:12:29

Ours have both been 12 weeks with no chain, we didn't push though, things just move very slowly!

Passthecake30 Mon 06-Jul-20 07:21:01

We managed 6 weeks, first time buyers moving into ours, we moved into an empty house.

Pikachubaby Mon 06-Jul-20 07:24:07

Yes, about 8 weeks here with no chain and both buyer and seller in a hurry

HoneyWheeler Mon 06-Jul-20 07:28:54

We were selling ours but moving into an empty property and it took about four months. That was pretty quick in our area, but I suppose it would've been quicker if we didn't have to sell!

Seeingadistance Mon 06-Jul-20 08:12:35

Your mortgage advisor and solicitor should be able to give you some idea. They have more information about your situation than we do!

rottiemum88 Mon 06-Jul-20 08:53:02

I would plan for 6-8 weeks minimum. Also, stay on top of your solicitor, however good you think they are. MIL works for a conveyancing solicitors and says it's often a case of whoever shouts the loudest that gets prioritised. We're in the process of buying a second home for my mum to live in, no chain either end and we're still expecting 6 weeks at least. I contact the solicitors at least every other day to ask for the latest update.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in