Talk

Advanced search

removing loft bed

(5 Posts)
Tiannaleigh07 Tue 30-Jun-20 23:46:11

Hi, I need to remove my daughters bed, she has had it over 5 years now and is to old for it, however I have no idea were to start, could anybody possible give me some tips please

OP’s posts: |
mumsy27 Wed 01-Jul-20 01:56:16

if you going to assemble it again, take pictures with labels every part, top left,bottom right...etc then start remove screws from top to bottom, might need someone to help you holding the panels.

PaulaSmith1 Wed 01-Jul-20 10:38:00

It looks like it is held together with plastic corner blocks. Get an electric screwdriver and take them apart - start at the bottom so the upper ones hold things together a bit.

If you think you can take it apart without spoiling it - Take some pics and try to sell it on Gumtree - some diy type could change the name to suit.

Tiannaleigh07 Sat 04-Jul-20 15:54:16

Thanks for advice, I really didn't know were to start. I have put it off for to long. Good idea of trying not to spoil it to give to somebody else as it is still in perfect condition, would be lovely if another child could use it, may try a free to good home page

OP’s posts: |
PaulaSmith1 Sun 05-Jul-20 19:52:29

Another idea - offer it for free to someone if they come and take it apart themselves.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »