Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had dealings with safestyle?

(9 Posts)
Rollercoasteride Mon 29-Jun-20 20:57:46

So we got a quote today for a new door, we chose what we wanted from the website, the guy measured the door, then gave us a quote.
We left it by saying thanks, we will let you know etc
However hubby has just had an email saying thanks for your order... wtf! Your door will be fitted on X date. We didn't sign anything.
Argh its put me off them now!

OP’s posts: |
slipperywhensparticus Mon 29-Jun-20 21:00:30

They rang me for 8 years trying to sell me doors and windows refused to accept I didn't own the home because "everyone says there home is rented but we can SEE yours is owned" hmm

Bluebelltulip Mon 29-Jun-20 21:05:48

They harassed me for months after I got a quote, blocked them and will never go near them again. A friend had some from them and they are awful quality.

MrsMcCarthysFamousScones Mon 29-Jun-20 21:05:49

There were on Watchdog at one point and were fined a couple of years ago. You might want to get onto them and make it clear you have not ordered and will report to the regulators/trading standards or whatever if they insist you have ordered.

Safestyle UK: Window firm fined for 'aggressive sales' www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-44844422

Rollercoasteride Mon 29-Jun-20 22:02:19

Omg what has hubby got us into! He only filled out the online quote form last night and someone was on the phone at 8am this morning!

OP’s posts: |
Littlegoth Mon 29-Jun-20 22:04:58

I had to call the police after one of their doorstep sellers bodily forced my front door open to continue with a hard sell. Won’t have anything to do with them after that.

BossBhean Mon 29-Jun-20 23:41:10

Littlegoth

I had to call the police after one of their doorstep sellers bodily forced my front door open to continue with a hard sell. Won’t have anything to do with them after that.

Many years ago now, but I too had to threaten to call the police on a very 'scary' Safestyle salesman who wouldn't take no for an answer and got aggressive when I said 'thanks but that's out of my price range' when he gave me a quote for new windows and doors.

Amicompletelyinsane Mon 29-Jun-20 23:45:03

My last house has safestyle fitted windows. They were all awful. They kept turning up to offer quotes. Did my head in

bluebird243 Tue 30-Jun-20 19:11:07

I had a quote from them many years ago now. The salesman gave me a ridiculous quote, then lowered it a lot when I said no to his price.

After that he would not leave. He would not leave despite me asking him to, telling him I wasn't interested over and over again. As a woman there on my own I was starting to feel so intimidated.

Eventually, after me getting really angry I literally had to walk him to the door to get rid of him. It was a horrible experience and I will never forget it. I wouldn't touch that company with a bargepole.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »