Talk

Advanced search

House sold at auction, when will the sold price be listed?

(11 Posts)
FlamingoAndJohn Thu 13-Feb-20 22:00:55

The house next door to my old one was sold by auction in December and I’m curious what it sold for eventually.
It’s not showing on the sold price thing on Right Move. Any ideas?

Home2018 Thu 13-Feb-20 22:05:22

http://landregistry.data.gov.uk/app/ppd/

Home2018 Thu 13-Feb-20 22:06:04

Visit www.landregistry.data.gov.uk/

FlamingoAndJohn Thu 13-Feb-20 22:06:51

It’s not their either.

Home2018 Thu 13-Feb-20 22:06:51

I'm not sure if the link is working. If not, Google 'Land Registry sold prices'

FadedRed Thu 13-Feb-20 22:07:40

Have you looked at the auction house website? They often put the sold prices in the catalogues after the sale.

artisanparsnips Thu 13-Feb-20 22:07:58

I’m not sure that auction prices ever show.

SpinjitzuMaster Thu 13-Feb-20 22:12:48

Although contracts are typically exchanged on the auction day, actual completion of the sale (and transfer of the title) will take longer, perhaps a month. There's also often a lag between completion and the land registry updating their records.

Your best bet is to look up the auction house sale records as they should list the hammer price.

RescueRonda Thu 13-Feb-20 22:33:12

Once the sale has been completed, it is up to the solicitors to submit the transfer deeds to the Land Registry.

Once the application to register the transfer has been processed, the PPD will appear on Land Registry Open Data and be sent to websites like Rightmove and Zoopla, but not sure how long that takes.

However, some things can hold up this process:
• Solicitors can delay sending the deeds to the Land Registry (some submit the transfer deeds within a week, some a month or so)
• The application may have been lodged but there may be queries on it/may have been rejected as required docs were missing
• There may be other applications that have been lodged before the transfer deeds that have priority, and so stall the application to register a transfer.

FlamingoAndJohn Thu 13-Feb-20 22:38:58

Thank you.

I found it on the auction company website. (£120k when I sold mine for £100 7 years before and this was in better condition with a better lay out as well as being end terrace. If anyone is interested)

artisanparsnips Fri 14-Feb-20 09:10:36

Out of interest, I've just checked our house on the Land Registry website - we bought it at auction 7 years ago and it's the only house on the street not to have an entry at all. So I am not sure that auction results do ever come up.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »