Talk

Advanced search

Kidderminster move

(7 Posts)
Mrscinch Wed 12-Feb-20 22:27:33

Hi everyone, me and my husband are planning to buy a house in kidderminster, at silverwoods park, the new state at stourport road. What would you say about the area. We have lived in Halesowen for 10 years and now buying our first home. We seem to be getting more house for our money in kiddy area and we liked the state because of the facilities it has and it looks like there are alot of nice tourist areas to visit in the surrounding areas. Any thoughts on this please.

keiratwiceknightly Wed 12-Feb-20 22:35:15

Wyre forest area is nice - I live there but not in kiddy. Silverwoods bit is fine though feels a bit characterless to me - but I guess it will improve as they build more houses. Local schools aren't great if that's important to you but there are better ones a short drive away. Lots of sport and leisure stuff nearby - obv the sports centre but also athletics, netball, cycling a mile away in Stourport. Fab countryside close by. Kiddy itself isn't a great town but it's handy for lots of good places.

Mrscinch Thu 13-Feb-20 06:59:41

Keira , thank you so much for your info. We are planning to stroll commute to Halesowen for now as my son will be on his last year of school but all your information have been very valuable to me. Thank you

slipperywhensparticus Thu 13-Feb-20 07:06:44

Kidderminster is fine not as bad as some places 🤷‍♀️ you can get the basics from the town or stourport but Christmas shopping is usually done at the merry hill centre

Silverwoods houses are lovely but you are inbetween two busy roads

Mrscinch Thu 13-Feb-20 10:52:44

Thank you slipppery 😊 totally agree with you, I do think there are good and bad places everywhere . yes the state seems nice and the house we are looking into is quite tucked away... I need a lot food for thought for us to make the final decision. Thank you

itsonlyforevernotlongatall83 Fri 14-Feb-20 14:35:23

I live in Kidderminster if you want to PM me I can give you more info about areas 🙂

Mrscinch Sun 16-Feb-20 17:04:38

Thank you so much but we have changed our minds and bought a house in Droitwich.
Thank you all for the help

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »