Talk

Advanced search

Looking for an electric stove which doesn't look naff

(5 Posts)
skipalongnow Tue 14-Jan-20 19:37:07

I live in a Victorian terrace with an enormous stone fireplace. For a number of reasons I don't want a woodburner and the fuel supply can only be electricity. I've done a fair bit of research online and I'm struggling to find an electric stove which would suit the character of my home. I'm trying to find one which doesn't look tacky and would prefer it to be cast iron. Can anyone throw any recommendations my way please?

Also, I've been looking into bio-ethanol stoves and am wondering if they are expensive to run. Does anyone have any experience of these please?

FrownsAndDimples Wed 15-Jan-20 10:45:50

Following as in an identical situation.

SingingBabooshkaBadly Wed 15-Jan-20 18:13:49

Have you seen the Dimplex Optimyst range? They use a chamber of water to create an illuminated mist which makes for a very realistic flame effect.

youtu.be/-BpF6jUKrpY

skipalongnow Sat 18-Jan-20 21:33:24

Thanks @SingingBabooshkaBadly, I've seen these online but not in reality. Do you have one yourself or have you seen one please? Thank you.

@FrownsAndDimples, are you considering bio-ethanol or just want a stove that looks realistic?

BettyBooJustDoinTheDoo Sat 18-Jan-20 23:40:00

You need to watch Emmerdale OP! in the Woolpack and Moria’s farmhouse they have electric woodburners which have that opti mist effect.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »