Talk

Advanced search

Help me get over the house of dreams

(5 Posts)
checkedcloth Mon 02-Dec-19 18:18:34

I need some sturdy advice.

I’ve been wanting to move for over a year. DH not as keen but not totally against it. (He hates any change in life).

I’ve been watching the local market closely to understand what is out there for some time.

Beautiful house came on the market, I called the estate agent for more details. She was happy for us to have viewing without being on the market ourselves. We saw the house and both fell in love with it. Put our house straight in the market with the same agent that day.

Over 10 days we had around 7 viewings. Annoyingly very little tangible feedback. Sadly our dream house got an offer which was accepted.

I’m devastated. I completely understand that the odds were totally against us though and we were just not in a strong position.

DH has taken our house off the market, he will not contemplate leaving it on. It’s really slow around here so I understand what he is saying. However I’m doubly disappointing in that I’ve lost that beautiful home and also I’m Back to square with DH who just doesn’t seem that bothered to move.

My reasons for moving are valid btw - we have a nightmare with parking which after 12 years and now a 80 mile commute I’m done with it. Also as the DCs get bigger we are running out of space.

Would be interested in anyone’s thoughts

ChewChewIsMySpiritAnimal Mon 02-Dec-19 18:20:41

Let the estate agent know youre still interested if it falls through, and put yours back on if you're serious about moving. Nobody will take you seriously if you don't have an offer on yours and if you really want to move then you've got to put yours back on, priced competitively.

checkedcloth Mon 02-Dec-19 18:34:33

Thank you. Yes I’ve already told the agent we would be very interested. Doesn’t help that DH won’t keep our house on the market though

JoJoSM2 Mon 02-Dec-19 18:43:31

It doesn’t sound like both of you are keen on moving. It also doesn’t sound slow if you’ve had all the viewings and your dream house has gone under offer quickly.

checkedcloth Mon 02-Dec-19 19:30:43

I know what you mean. I suppose when I say slow I mean that the houses that we are interested in seem to be few and far between when you look at sole histories.

I am very keen to move. It’s hard to explain with DH - everything is like this in life with him really, every sort of decision in life takes him a while to get on board with. I’ve learnt to accept it mostly. My concern is that this is not going to help us selling.

We also have some timing issues with school catchments that do not help either

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »