Talk

Advanced search

Best way to finance a new bathroom

(5 Posts)
itzybitzy Mon 02-Dec-19 15:38:30

Been moved into our first home for nearly 3 years and haven't gotten around to replacing the bathroom yet. We've being doing up the house very slowly bit by bit without borrowing money.
However the bathroom is bloody awful and it's driving me nuts and I just want to get it sorted. It will take us a long time to save up the cash to do it. Plus we want to sell in a couple of years so it needs to be done and I would rather get it done sooner rather than later.
I was wondering what the best way would be to borrow to do it up?
We wouldn't have a problem getting a bank loan or credit card but I don't really have any clue on which is the most cost effective way to go.

Flumperama Mon 02-Dec-19 15:42:00

I should have thought that extending your mortgage, if you can, would be cheaper (in terms of interest rates) than a credit card or regular bank loan

Expressedways Mon 02-Dec-19 15:57:48

Can you get a 0% credit card?

TDL2016 Mon 02-Dec-19 16:04:57

Take extra money from your mortgage or 0% credit card. If you don’t fancy that, a home improvement loan?

kjhkj Mon 02-Dec-19 16:06:22

a 0% card combined with interest free credit from bathroom shops would be best but then you still have to pay the fitter and typically fitting will be at least half the overall cost.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »