Talk

Advanced search

Painting 14 rooms in four days!!

(133 Posts)
Kyriesmum1 Sat 30-Nov-19 00:53:25

So while hubby is away with the three oldest dd's I have decided to paint 14 rooms of our new house in the four days he's away whilst still looking after an 8 mth old bubba! Am I crazy?? 😂

Anyway today was day one and I've done hallway and stairs. Was hoping to have started another room at least but I have prepped ready for a few hours time when bubba wakes up 🤪

dudsville Thu 05-Dec-19 07:15:11

Wow! I missed your updates so have only just caught up, you are fabulous op! Hope your blisters are healing up! Your family must be so pleased.

imabusybee Thu 05-Dec-19 22:07:07

Congratulations on the adoption grin

AlbertWinestein Wed 11-Dec-19 13:47:14

I feel bad for being sceptical now. Well done! And HUGE congratulations on the adoption. That’s fantastic.

Kyriesmum1 Thu 12-Dec-19 00:42:41

@AlbertWinestein thank you!! Today I wallpapered babies wall in our bedroom for her! Painting is much easier, will never ever wallpaper another wall in my life!

chewable24 Thu 12-Dec-19 09:32:58

Well done OP your house looks lovely. How can you do stairway in 3 storey house of this type without scaffolding though? My house is very similar and I just cant see how it is possible to reach to even just below the picture rail on the stairwell. Any tips to do this would be very welcome to save installing scaffolding again.

Why are you replastering all the walls as surely it will impact the skirting and picture rail or are you replacing them all which seems a huge shame?

DavetheCat2001 Thu 12-Dec-19 10:28:29

Top work OP! 💪

Kyriesmum1 Thu 12-Dec-19 17:39:11

No not replacing them as all original to house! The plaster has blown in a few places and the people before have done a rubbish job on filling holes etc. Hoping it won't impact on how they look!

The stairs I did with a very tall ladder and a bag of nerves leaning over lol! Probably not the safest 🤪

MoonlightBonnet Thu 12-Dec-19 19:33:41

We’ve had the walls replastered in a very similar house and the picture rail and skirting boards are fine.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »