Talk

Advanced search

Sellers/Buyers Roll Call 7

(194 Posts)
MrBobLobLaw Wed 06-Nov-19 16:32:49

Stressed vendors and buyers alike: assemble here to moan about bloody solicitors!

Feel free to join at any point smile

AlmaMartyr Wed 06-Nov-19 16:34:25

Ooh I didn't even notice the other fill up!

Apparently all searches are back and solicitors are making enquiries, after which we can sign contracts (exchange?)

MarmsTheSausagedog Wed 06-Nov-19 17:07:08

Hey!

Can I ask, when did the solicitors start doing your searches?

We sold almost two weeks ago, and were really eager for the possibility of a pre Christmas move 🤞🤞

housebuyer101 Wed 06-Nov-19 17:10:03

Can finally rejoin this after our whole chain fell through a year ago!

AlmaMartyr Wed 06-Nov-19 17:34:13

Hi Marms, we had our offer accepted on 9th October. Searches done as of yesterday, and mortgage offer all through now as well. We're hoping for pre-Christmas move but solicitors haven't given us any idea of dates yet. I reckon for us it might be cutting it fine but hoping not! Best of luck for yours!

@MrBobLobLaw - how are you getting on atm?

@Housebuyer101 - hope it works out for you this time!

gingerninja99 Wed 06-Nov-19 17:41:00

Well I do hope not to be around on this thread until the end smile
Also hope that all those familiar names I saw on the previous thread get moving along too x

MrBobLobLaw Wed 06-Nov-19 17:45:32

All sounds promising @AlmaMartyr, our enquiries took a few weeks to be all settled but make sure you keep on chasing them. The contracts have to be signed before exchange as far as I'm aware but it's just a step of signing and posting really, then when everything's in order they officially exchange on a date that suits everyone in the chain.

@MarmsTheSausagedog have you paid them any money on account yet? Ours sent off for them pretty much as soon as we gave them the all clear and they had the MOA, but we were just cautious as we'd been gazumped. Usually they get cracking on them straight away as the searches can take a few weeks or longer to get back to them. Are you buying too? How long is your chain?

Welcome back @housebuyer101! Sorry about your chain falling through. What's your situation now?

MarmsTheSausagedog Wed 06-Nov-19 17:50:15

housebuyer101 All the best this time around! smile

AlmaMartyr thank you! It sounds like the wheels are well and truely in motion on yours smile! Fingers crossed for a pre-Christmas move for you too!

Megmogndowl Wed 06-Nov-19 17:53:02

We're trying to sell but have had no interest at all on our house!! No idea what we're doing wrong but it's been on the market nearly 3 weeks and nothing.

MrBobLobLaw Wed 06-Nov-19 17:57:23

Just holding the baby in until completion on Friday now @AlmaMartyr though DP got an email yesterday that he didn't check angry from the solicitors chasing a form that I needed to sign regarding the sale of his flat that they should've flagged literally months ago. They didn't chase it at all even though it was apparently necessary for exchange. Queue a mad dash to the post office to get it sent guaranteed delivery for tomorrow before the cut off, otherwise we'd have been totally screwed! Makes me worry about what else they haven't sent. We're also awaiting the completion statement so we can send over the extra funds (approx £9k) in order to complete so that has to happen tomorrow! Really don't need the stress tbh!

MarmsTheSausagedog Wed 06-Nov-19 18:02:40

MrBobLobLaw no, not as of yet, I gave them a ring this afternoon but they said they were waiting for our buyers solicitors to get in contact? I just feel like nothings happening yet - it's so frustrating! Sorry, what does MOA mean? I'm sorry to hear you were gazumped previously.

We're buying and selling with with fairly short chain.

How far are you into the process now?

Dinosauraddict Wed 06-Nov-19 18:13:09

Just joining the new thread. Been quiet on the old one for a while as was awaiting docs from the vendor on our purchase. Finally received draft contracts (signing and getting witnessed tonight) and hopefully the end is in sight. All searches back and only minor enquiries outstanding. Will be transferring my deposit at the weekend and desperately hoping for an exchange next week!

housebuyer101 Wed 06-Nov-19 18:40:39

@MrBobLobLaw we accepted an offer on our house and had an offer accepted on one to buy all on Saturday!
We are sold to FTB so hoping for end of Jan.
Already run into issues though (search for other post if interested)

Trying to not hold on to too much hope this time round.
First time our buyers pulled out, we lost the house we liked and then decided to wait until I moved jobs and got a payrise so we could buy bigger

housebuyer101 Wed 06-Nov-19 18:41:00

@Megmogndowl share a link and maybe we can help?

Karcheer Wed 06-Nov-19 19:17:37

Evening all, checking in...

Estate agent called today asking if someone could put a tall wrought iron fence round the house if they wanted, they could I guess 🤔 but it’s a cottage, not sure it’ll look right... anyone else worry about what the new people might do to your home? Anyway estate agent to let me know if the wrought iron people want to view it...

Hawkmoth Wed 06-Nov-19 22:02:27

Marking my place on the new thread, keeping my pecker up.

housebuyer101 Thu 07-Nov-19 11:27:28

Good luck everyone.

Just wondering, what is the shortest you have experienced between offer and completion?
I know they say about 12 weeks which we were relying on to ensure all finances in order but want to be prepared!

WooMaWang Thu 07-Nov-19 11:38:48

Hello everyone.

We're buying a house and it has been painfully slow. Mostly because the mortgage company are just irritating.

We finally have had the mortgage approved (and should receive the offer in the next 5 days, because apparently it's the 19th century and it will be transported on foot and hand delivered rather than, what will actually happen, be emailed to me).

And we've finally got the survey back (despite the mortgage company not passing on a message from the surveyors for 8 weeks - I had to phone the surveyors myself today). It's the usual, 'oooh. The house is 100 years old so it has old plasterwork you know' stuff.

My buyers are super keen to move (and the sale is totally ready to go). The vendors are not buying anything so hopefully we can all now talk moving dates. My buyers want the 22nd. We are up for that. So hopefully it'll all be over soon.

MarmsTheSausagedog Thu 07-Nov-19 12:33:26

housebuyer101

We have gone from offer too completion in 6 weeks and 8 weeks before, so I think its just how motivated everybody is in your chain smile

LC140391 Thu 07-Nov-19 12:55:04

We accepted an offer on our flat just outside London on Monday after being on the market for 18 months! We got right to exchange last summer when a dodgy buyer from Dubai pulled out... The new buyers are FTB so fingers crossed for a smooth transaction! We haven’t found anywhere to move to yet but thankfully can crash with family if we absolutely need to...

WooMaWang Thu 07-Nov-19 12:57:00

Apparently our vendors are going on a long holiday and want to propose the 13 December as a moving date. Gah.

Hopefully they can do sooner rather than later.

housebuyer101 Thu 07-Nov-19 16:45:07

I posted about our hurdle before but essentially we offer the price advertised which was the lowest end of the guide price. They had struggled to sell before that (over a year!) in a place where property sells easily.

They included a Range Master in the description and Agent told us it was staying, now they say it isn't and if we want it we need to put in an offer. Our concern is that it feels like they are only changing their minds as they didn't get the price they wanted.

What would you do?

MarmsTheSausagedog Thu 07-Nov-19 16:55:14

housebuyer101 is there any chance that the estate agent just assumed it was staying when actually the vendereds never intended for it to stay?

Dinosauraddict Thu 07-Nov-19 17:23:06

Good to see that people are getting offers and sales are progressing - hopefully this more broadly indicates a slightly less stagnant market since the latest Brexit delay which was causing a major psychological obstacle for many?
My update is that I've sent the contracts etc back to our solicitor today and we think we should be ready to exchange next week. Going to transfer deposit tonight/tomorrow. Hopefully finally getting somewhere. It's been a long year.

Hawkmoth Thu 07-Nov-19 18:29:56

Found out today that nothing has been done on the buyer's side and exchange will be end if next week at the earliest. Thay will mean completing in the middle of December.

I think we are going to remarket as we don't want to move so close to Christmas and cant face yet more delays whilst buyer and solicitor don't return calls.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »