Advanced search

House flooded - need URGENT advice PLEASE

(2 Posts)
user1007 Wed 14-Aug-19 08:07:40

We had a burst pipe in the upstairs bathroom over 3 weeks ago and water went everywhere - there has been an extensive damage.
and we are out of our place since than - in hotel for few days initially, then into service apartment for 2 weeks. and now looking for a place to rent for min 6 mths.

Has anyone had any experiences dealing with insurance company?
Has anyone hired an independent loss assessor to present the case?
If yes, at what stage it is advisable to do so? and why?

Any suggestions or advise highly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

OP’s posts: |
NotWavingButMNing Wed 14-Aug-19 15:33:02

We were flooded 12 years ago. We left everything to the insurance company and in hindsight I would have tried to do things differently. I felt that every company and contractor involved were looking to do the maximum amount of work to our house to maximise profit rather than just to get it dry and habitable.
Sorry can't help re loss adjuster.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in