Talk

Advanced search

Claiming on household insurance after flood - how long?

(4 Posts)
KevinKlineSwoon Tue 13-Aug-19 11:50:27

My house got flooded a couple of weeks ago. My floors have been lifted, items and furniture that are beyond repair have been uplifted and everything is being dried out. My insurance company - Direct Line if that makes a difference - have arranged all of this and it's all been done quite quickly. I can live with everything for a while, apart from the lack of washing machine. I have all my DDs uniforms, shoes, bags etc to buy in the next couple of weeks so I can't stretch to a washing machine. Does anyone have any experience of how long the cash settlement took?

longearedbat Tue 13-Aug-19 22:36:07

I don't know how long payment takes, but could you ask them if you could get the washing machine now? They might release some money early for you.

KevinKlineSwoon Wed 14-Aug-19 15:41:58

@longearedbat This never occurred to me. I called my insurers and they transferred the money for a washing machine straight away. I've bought a new one now. Thank you!

longearedbat Wed 14-Aug-19 16:45:40

Brilliant!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »