Talk

Advanced search

Sellers/Buyers Roll Call No 6

(1000 Posts)
Violetroselily Thu 11-Jul-19 11:41:27

New thread

Violetroselily Thu 11-Jul-19 11:43:10

Hopefully those of us here from thread number 5 won't be on thread number 7 angry

Violetroselily Thu 11-Jul-19 11:47:54

Not much progress from me this week. Waiting for vendors solicitor to respond to the enquiries on the cost of the communal works. Hoping there are some definitive answers now so I can make a decision as to whether I pull out or try to renegotiate the purchase price.

Feeling quite zen about it now...whatever will be will be

sandybayley Thu 11-Jul-19 11:58:25

@Violetroselily - following you even though we've exchanged. Hanging around until we complete if that's ok?

Violetroselily Thu 11-Jul-19 12:02:20

@sandybayley I think we would all be upset if we didnt get to hear the happy ending to your journey

sandybayley Thu 11-Jul-19 12:13:42

@Violetroselily - ah thanks. We're off to the new house on Saturday afternoon to measure up and check things out. Excited but a bit nervous. What if I don't like it anymore after everything 😬 ????

Jayne35 Thu 11-Jul-19 12:19:42

Been reading with interest for a while. We offered on a house on June 8th and agreed if we could not sell ours asap we would rent it out to speed things up. Very little interest and only a much lower offer than we wanted so it's going to be rented out (gone really slow in our area, house prices dropping all over the place).

We have a mortgage offer on the purchase, waiting for the BTL mortgage offer which will hopefully be very soon. Vendors EA have advised current estimated time to completion is 10-12 weeks so no rush really.

Hawkmoth Thu 11-Jul-19 12:22:24

Can I join? Followed you all through number 6.

We were on the cusp of exchange when our buyer pulled out. No issues, a simple change of mind.

So the house we wanted is also back on the market. I would be gutted to lose it.

We have just under two weeks with our estate agents before we move to a new one and they just don't seem arsed. It's all so disheartening.

BeauticianNotMagician81 Thu 11-Jul-19 12:53:53

@Violetroselily thanks for the new thread. I kind of feel like that now. I can't be arsed to do anymore packing. I think I'd rather start unpacking here. I'm so over it.

@sandybayley exciting. I'm sure you will still love it.

@Jayne35 hope all goes well for you.

@Hawkmoth so sorry your buyer pulled out. I would be hounding your EA daily. Ask if they've sent your house details to everyone interested in that size of house/area on their data base, ask if they've had any interest. Could you afford to lower the price for a quick sale?

Hawkmoth Thu 11-Jul-19 13:07:30

Thank you. DH is doing the chasing. They have allegedly contacted their lists. It's hard to trust them though as we've had some downright lies.

We can afford to shave a few k off if it's going to be quick, we would then have to delay building work at the other end though, which would be tough.

It's a relocation with four variously autistic children so we need it to be straightforward.

MinnieMouseMaze Thu 11-Jul-19 13:15:59

Checking in

Aperolspritztime Thu 11-Jul-19 13:45:34

Hawk, that absolutely sucks! Like you didn't know.. I'm really sorry. Did you have any other viewers interested or put in offers even, that you could maybe go back to?

So we had a very promising second viewing. Said he really loved it, just needed to crunch some numbers, then nothing for a couple of days. Hoping he was just really "crunching", but no, he'd decided not to make an offer. Gutted. I really thought he would and he was chain free!

We have two houses we're interested in now, both completely different. One is a proper doer upper semi, but with an absolutely beautiful garden and the other is ready to move into, but with a small, quite over looked garden. The second would probably be harder to sell on in the future. Head's with the first one, heart's with the second. Not that it really matters, as we still haven't bloody sold! hmm

We were having a second viewing on house number two tomorrow and assumed we'd be in a position to put in an offer, but nope.

Had a chat with our EA and said we were concerned with the amount of viewings we've had with no (serious) offers. They just said there's nothing we can do and to keep going.

We have one viewer penciled in for this weekend and I'm very tempted to do it myself. They're not actually on the market yet, but apparently their flat should sell quickly....but then, don't they always say that? 🤔 Probably.

Can I ask how many of you who are on with an agent, decide to do viewings yourself?

dimmu Thu 11-Jul-19 14:04:48

Checking in as well. Been 12 weeks since we accepted an offer for our flat, no chain, our buyer is still waiting for local searches to come back, they're taking forever.

@Hawkmoth sorry to hear about your buyer, just don't get why people do that.
I am hoping our buyer is committed as he's getting pushy and has been around a couple of times to take measurements.

Neron Thu 11-Jul-19 14:42:37

Thought I'd check in as well. Nothing happening with us since our purchase collapsed. I was going to wait until after all my exams to start house hunting again, but now they are done I just don't have the heart.
Is destroying when you think you're moving and it goes wrong. Nothing else suitable on the market either.
Wishing you all the best of luck

sandybayley Thu 11-Jul-19 18:12:58

What is it with people that 'change they mind'? It's maddening that these people don't realise that it's other people's lives they're messing with. We withdrew an offer after 24 hours on one house as we wobbled about the subsidence but at least we were quick.

The other group of people that annoy me are those who offer without having their finances in order. Who on their right mind offers on a house if they don't know what they can afford.

@Hawkmoth - you don't want to hear this now but there will be another buyer and they may well be better than the previous one. It happened to us.

@Neron - so sorry to hear you're down. Hope the exams went well.

Fleabag123 Thu 11-Jul-19 18:27:27

Thanks for new thread, checking in

So I think we’ve moved closer : signed contracts on Friday (for what it’s worth), had a minor 😱 at the £ we need to transfer to solicitor (the amount is not a surprise but still a shock to see it written down in black and white!) and talking exchange dates.
I’m going to be out of the country for a week so tentatively hoping things get sorted (possible, not sure how likely) to look to exchange in next week or so and complete a couple of weeks after that (🤞🏼)

Let’s see!

@hawkmoth - so sorry, I’m sure it will work out in the end but so horrible

@Neron - is summer a bad time? Not sure much will be listed now with school hols and also maybe stikk lingering Brexit uncertainty

@sandybayley I’m sure you’ll still love the house altho I understand your fears! We need to go and see ours again to measure up etc and I’m scared l’ll suddenly get buyers remorse

@Violetroselily hang in there!

StayDetermined Thu 11-Jul-19 18:32:02

Hello all. Only two viewings so far, no feedback yet. Another viewing on Saturday. We’ve found a house we would love, and told the estate agent, but until we sell ours we are not in a position to offer. Gaaah.

Hawkmoth Thu 11-Jul-19 18:34:52

Thanks all. It should be a very saleable house. It's cheap and massive with good links. I just thought it was in the bag. Pfft.

Violetroselily Thu 11-Jul-19 19:19:43

All searches back today. Environmental search says the area has a moderate risk for natural ground instability.

My homebuyers report had no concerns about subsidence, but it is a purpose built block so I'm not sure it would have given it much thought?

I'm inclined not to be too concerned as another flat was sold in Feb...

Neron Thu 11-Jul-19 21:37:15

Thanks @sandybayley I'm just not in the mood to go house hunting right now TBH, enjoying having no stress. I passed all exams and just waiting the result of 1 more thank you

@Fleabag123 I think it's a mixture of things this way, also doesn't help we need to have certain things so makes it a little harder. I think people here in the SE are having a wobble, no one selling unless they have to. Congrats on signing the contracts though, another step closer!

balalalala Thu 11-Jul-19 22:17:57

Just checking in! We were hoping to exchange today but no luck. Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

sandybayley Thu 11-Jul-19 22:34:34

@Violetroselily - I don't think the moderate risk flag on the search is a cause for particular concern. For example all of London is - as well as being a flood risk. If you want to live in London (as I do) you just have to accept it. If the Thames gets to my new house they will be serious things to worry about, much more so than the stability and value of my house.

@balalalala - fingers crossed for tomorrow. We need a new exchange to christen this thread.

@Neron - SE and London is indeed tricky at the moment. My Borough has quite a lot of city workers and international types - neither group is feeling much like making big financial commitments at the moment.

Violetroselily Fri 12-Jul-19 01:12:29

@sandybayley ah that makes me feel better that London is all moderate risk. I'm buying in an SE borough, very close to the Thames but in an area on a hill which makes sense for the low flood risk score.

OneWorld Fri 12-Jul-19 07:39:13

Waiting to exchange. Acc to my agent, everyone in the chain is ready to exchange (chain of 3). My sol emailed the buyers sol on Monday. No response. Chased on tue, wed - still no response. Got a response after another chaser yesterday “I’ll check with the solicitor down the chain and let you know”. Wtf? My agent said everyone is ready? Did he invent that?

This shit makes it 2 weeks in waiting to exchange!!

TheWildRumpyPumpus Fri 12-Jul-19 08:34:34

May I join you? We will be going up on Rightmove today hopefully so I’m bracing myself for the rollercoaster!

I’m not feeling hugely confident about getting a quick sale or even a large number of viewings as we have a higher priced house for where we are located. We shall see!

This thread is not accepting new messages.