Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Grantham! Where are the nice areas and which ones are plain dodgy?

(18 Posts)
LegoLeia Thu 26-Jul-07 13:44:36

...that's it really! Have heard differing views, but you seem to be able to get nice houses for reasonable prices... is there are sinister reason for this?!

I once worked with someone who lived on Kesteral Court and not to be too judgemental but she was more than a bit rough. I went to pick her up once and her street had piles of binbags in the middle of the road that I had to weave round and it wasn't bin day.

LegoLeia Fri 27-Jul-07 09:45:21

Yikes! See it's these kind of insights that the estate agents just won't tell you!

saz360 Mon 30-Jul-07 22:22:23

hi i live about 8 miles outside grantham in nice lovely village, wouldn't really live in grantham unless had to, but loads and loads of nice villages around and excellent schools as well

if you let me know what areas you are looking at i can let you know, as friend is a copper in grantham

LegoLeia Tue 31-Jul-07 09:25:50

Hi Saz, we would love a village location but sadly our price range won't stretch to it for a couple of years - looking about the 110K mark. Liking a couple on Rightmove, Harby Close, and Beechcroft Rd but feel paranoid that they must be in rough areas or they wouldn't be so bargainous! Thanks for your help!

saz360 Wed 01-Aug-07 19:40:58

Hi

Have to say that they aren't in particularly good areas of grantham, how mny bedrooms are you looking for if you don't mind me asking
and does it have to be grantham itself.
my friend brought three bedroom in anwick just outside sleaford for 117,00 last august.

sleaford is quite a nice town and surrounding areas as well

any help i can give please ask

EscapeFrom Wed 01-Aug-07 19:43:36

Oooohhhhhh Grantham.

Grantham's not fabulous all in all. I live about 10 miles away, in a neighbouring town, and one thing that strikes me about Granthem is how many pairs of white tracky bottoms you will spot on any given Saturday afternoon.

MaloryTheExciterTowers Wed 01-Aug-07 19:44:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EscapeFrom Wed 01-Aug-07 19:46:34

It is in Lincolnshire, about 5 miles from the Liecestershire border.

Desiderata Wed 01-Aug-07 19:48:47

I pity any poor cow who lives in Grantham, reading this

LegoLeia Mon 06-Aug-07 12:13:44

Must say I'm having doubts as well Desiderata! Thanks for the insights! So no nice areas that anyone can recommend then?! Perhaps we'll rethink and move to Eastern Europe instead where we can live in a mansion!

saz360 Mon 06-Aug-07 19:37:49

don't be put off by all the negative remarks, as lincolnshire is a lovely county. i would suggest that if possible you try and come up for a few days and have a drive round the area. also put sleaford in right move and a 10 mile radius, you might strike lucky there as well.

saz

deepinlaundry Mon 06-Aug-07 19:52:06

This is too strange-was just about to post similar to you op!
We are looking to move from Kent and I no nothing about the area.

deepinlaundry Mon 06-Aug-07 19:52:59

so ashamed- I know nothing I mean, bloody summer holidays getting to me

deepinlaundry Mon 06-Aug-07 19:54:35

does anyone know whapford drove area ?

saz360 Tue 07-Aug-07 12:47:50

sorry i don't know that area of grantham,do you know where it is near and i could check it out for you

saz

ClareMegan Sun 23-Sep-07 20:52:03

Leia!

I have just left a message for you on the Grantham/Newark thread!

But just wanted to add, I grew up in Grantham, and there are some lovely areas, and some not so lovely areas. Pretty much like anywhere.

The main areas I would avoid are around Trent Road and New Beacon Road. These are the main council areas, and have their reputations.

The Alma Park estate is lovely (1st/2nd/3rd etc Ave), and the areas off of Barrowby Gate are also nice and quiet. If you see any houses you like, I'll give you an honest opinion about the area! But please don't be put off by all the negative comments.

Clare x

(P.S. I turned out fine! grin)

CEOD Thu 26-May-16 20:33:11

Hi, I know no one's been on this thread for a while but we've found a lovely house in grantham and wanted to know the same - which areas are to be avoided etc.! Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now