Octopus energy - any good?

(44 Posts)
Gunpowder Wed 27-Feb-19 13:08:24

Moving soon and thinking of switching to Octopus, what do you reckon? I like the which Best Buy and that they are green. If you think they are good does anyone want to share a referral code so we both get £50? Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
MaybeitsMaybelline Wed 27-Feb-19 14:34:41

Oooo, I am interested in any response you get. I am halfway through the switch which completes on the 4th March.

So far I have been impressed with their email updates and it has been a very easy process. I haven't actually moved over to them yet though so can't comment on after service.

You don't get a referral code as such, I would have to send you an email and you click on the link to get the £50 each. I have done this with my mum so far so we both get the £50.

If you PM me your email address I am happy to send the email and link to you, but don't worry if you don't want to.

MaybeitsMaybelline Wed 27-Feb-19 14:40:22

I am so thick! you don't need the email, I have a personal link that you can get your £50 for a referral.

Here's mine if you go ahead:

share.octopus.energy/ready-queen-434

roses2 Wed 27-Feb-19 16:35:34

I've just joined up to Octopus Energy. If you go via uswitch then the unit rates are actually a bit cheaper than via the referral codes so works out cheaper in the long run to go via uswitch.

Gunpowder Wed 27-Feb-19 16:37:09

Ooh thank you Maybe! I’ve done it. Hopefully we both get £50!

Gunpowder Wed 27-Feb-19 16:37:56

Aah damnit! Will know for next time, thank you Roses. smile

MaybeitsMaybelline Wed 27-Feb-19 16:50:21

I am sure we will, I have just received an email from them saying thank you for recommending a friend grin

Advertisement

Gunpowder Wed 27-Feb-19 21:23:21

Yay! Hope they live up to all our expectations.

I’ve been with Npower (DREADFUL!) in the past and SSE (indifferent) so excited to try a smaller company and like that it’s renewable/carbon neutral. I tried to sign up to Good Energy a couple of years ago but it was tricky so I gave up, this was easy so far.

Thanks both for your help.

FaultInMyStars Fri 01-Mar-19 15:59:44

I've been with them for a year and have just signed another 12 month contract. All seems fine. They ask for a LOT of meter readings, but I guess that helps you get on track with payments to begin with. I can also probably find a "friends" code if anyone would like £50 credit (I certainly would!)

Kernowgal Fri 01-Mar-19 18:18:20

I’ve been with them for three years and they’ve been great. Online meter readings are dead easy.

Haffdonga Fri 01-Mar-19 18:27:54

We like them.

Gunpowder Fri 01-Mar-19 22:33:17

Thank you all for the feedback! I’m so pleased it’s positive. smile Hopefully someone else will use your code Fault

almostdivorcedeek Fri 01-Mar-19 22:34:59

I am with them and so far so good! Would definitely recommend them!

frazzledmumoftwo Sat 06-Apr-19 17:14:10

Does anyone have a referral code I can use

Squickety Sat 06-Apr-19 17:20:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Elocampane Sat 06-Apr-19 17:31:11

Hi frazzledmumof2
Referral code here

http://click.octopus.energy/wf/click?upn=QZqU-2Bwigr-2FNK17oPaaOKrb0y8YbLJAC8QZp6XhWDLeB1pShkocaQrKnvihc8wM7opz3dEYdH-2Bbzc-2BRGJjY7sQA-3D-3D_RceajrXw08iWRJnLo-2BA9OCepT7hlPWPnAF07ljgDxzUGRYzVBk8pzf-2BHU5tHscppietlBTi-2FPPMMwiXCwLUpTRXl-2BBwnw6QGaBkRteilenp7QTTr9YlniT-2FPh874otmiWjlipq5jnI1gCq12tkbTYLHjHm-2B42sZiUr-2F2tAICjPVknEJrsy2-2FDxUoJorjJ2rg2J63ORgBNkntZ3dgnIR5Pky50XcLmGMW5Gj7dU8FqrVrZY-2F1Wvn31sZDxL5CyF7gHac8VRuv5lLTRM3grprHAu4AaSHDVYMCzLM53plaYcxjHoDXcz7GcAichfeAvLdy

DonaldTramp Sat 06-Apr-19 18:04:10

I'm with them and have been impressed. It was the cheapest carbon neutral deal I could find. I have a referral code for £50 credit (each) if anyone would like it. PM me!

cuddlymunchkin Mon 03-Jun-19 09:02:40

I've switched to Octopus and am really happy with them. My referral code is share.octopus.energy/new-macaw-74 The code will give you (and me!) £50 credit.

Marianaxos Sun 11-Aug-19 15:04:21

I saved money by visiting this site www.octopusmoneysaver.co.uk

fixy23 Sat 16-Nov-19 00:01:31

Octopus Energy have been a brilliant energy company for us. We switched a few months ago and haven't looked back! Moving will save us about £275 a year. We also get further discount because get a £50 credit when people sign up using our link AND you get a £50 credit when you click this link and sign up bit.ly/octopus-50-bonus

Octopus have 100% renewable electricity from solar farms and hydroelectric power stations.
They are highly rated on Trustpilot and Google My Busines. A real person in a UK calls centre answers within seconds usually and they are cheaper than all of the big six energy suppliers. They charge no exit fees. It takes 3 minutes to sign up, 3 weeks to switch and Octopus take care of everything and keep you informed each step along the way. This is how energy suppliers SHOULD be! I highly rate them

MaybeitsMaybelline Sat 16-Nov-19 07:01:38

Lol, just looked back at this message. Lots of CFs putting their codes on after mine to try and grab the referral bonus.

For those still interested I’ve now been with them since March. Good value, no issues, good customer service, easy to understand bills, all their email contact has links direct back into your account for ease of use.

Altogether a good customer experience.

Like a PP said, they do ask for meter readings every month which is a drag, and they don’t do smart meters just yet.

Also M&S Energy use Octopus and rebadge it as their own.

On the whole I have no regrets.

Inforthelonghaul Sat 16-Nov-19 07:36:40

Has anyone with Octopus had a smart meter fitted? We’ve had an email saying they can fit one now if we want but I’m not sure having read so much conflicting information about them. As PPs have said though you have to do regular meter readings and it would be easier if it happened automatically.

Inforthelonghaul Sat 16-Nov-19 07:37:29

We’ve been with them a year and find them very good though not the cheapest at the moment.

confusedandemployed Sat 16-Nov-19 07:40:39

I was with Octopus for a couple of years, they were fine. IME quite conservative with their assessments 9 times out of 10 I didn't send my meter readings in). I got £265 back when I switched eventually to Green Energy Network.

SheilaGosling60 Thu 12-Dec-19 13:58:22

Hiya,

Please feel free to use my link share.octopus.energy/vivid-grove-616 I've been referring people are we all get £50 off!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in