Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Has anybody used the free classified websites to advertise their house?

(3 Posts)
gemmiegoatlegs Thu 05-Jul-07 11:46:01

I saw a link to some free advertising sites in the money saving expert site - Easier Property, Housenet and Home.co.uk.

has anyone ever used these sites to advertise or buy a home? there don't seem to be a lot of properties for sale in my area, but I don't suppose most people have heard of these sites - i hadn't until today.

I figured i may as well give it a go - nothing to lose and all, and I rather like the idea of saving a couple of grand in estate agents fees.

So anyone else heard of them? Are they any good?

mamimwnci Thu 05-Jul-07 17:00:50

no experience but I've noticed 3 of those in my area in the last few weeks. "house for sale by homeowner" and you have to text a number for details?!

Sounds like a good idea to save some money, suerly it must cover all legalities or they wouldn't be able to do it?! Does it involve more work by you though??

gemmiegoatlegs Fri 06-Jul-07 10:51:35

i think prospective buyers contact u by email, then arrange a viewing in usual way. Aside from advertising your property, what do estate agents actually do? Ours are useless and we can't wait until we are freed from our sole agency contract with them.

After rightmove etc, i think internet advertising is the most effective way of advertising your property as office hours aren't a problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now