Talk

Advanced search

Kitchen makeover

(4 Posts)
thenewaveragebear1983 Sat 11-Aug-18 19:28:53

Has anyone ever done a kitchen makeover by replacing the doors etc, but only replacing some units?
We have an old ish kitchen, but nice sink/ tiles/worktops and freestanding appliances. We’d like to replace our doors with some high gloss white/grey/blue ones- is it really as simple as putting new doors in?

We have 2 units that will need replaced- an old oven housing which has been botched with cupboard doors and a broken drawer unit, plus one double that we’d like to change to deep drawers to store pans etc. If my research is correct, it’s as simple as removing the worktops, replacing the individual unit with a new one, and replacing and sealing the units?

We also need an extractor, obviously would get a pro in for that!

Perhaps I’m being naive but this does seem remarkably straightforward. Am I missing something?

Any suggestions for doors suppliers?

Knittedfairies Sat 11-Aug-18 19:55:37

We’ve just replaced the doors on our kitchen units for less than £300 and I’m pleased with them. The units we had were in good condition,the doors not so much...We used
kitchenandbedroomdoors.co.uk
One of the doors had been wrongly drilled for the hinges but was replaced without any trouble free of charge. The customer service reps were friendly and helpful. It was easy to change the doors, providing you get the measurements right of course, but easy enough if you have the old doors to measure. You can order up to 5, I think, free samples of coloured swatches, and we bought a (small) sample door for under £6 to check for quality etc. I’d use the company again.

thenewaveragebear1983 Sat 11-Aug-18 20:01:29

Wow, thanks knitted. So you measure up and order the doors pre-drilled? That’s useful. We aren’t particularly diy minded!

sdaisy26 Sat 11-Aug-18 20:18:14

We replaced doors (kept all existing units though) and it was like a whole new kitchen. We just had to paint a few side panels etc as changing from wood effect to white. But it was a v easy & inexpensive way of completely updating the kitchen.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: