Talk

Advanced search

I hate hammers grrrrr!

(11 Posts)
Vivianebrezilletbrooks Sat 11-Aug-18 13:41:58

Tried googling this before but no one seems to have the same problem as me..does anyone actually detest,loathe and hate hammers? We had neighbours at our old address who the husband never seemed to be without one(he never seemed to use any other tool although he was a complete tool anyway) and now we are having to put up with hammers here as well from the adjoining neighbour. To me they are horrid objects designed to cause loud noise and disturbance more than anything else(not to mention the fact they've been used as weapons by people before so add injury to that) and it's been vibrating through our house. I've tried earphones but I could still hear it and feel the vibrations.The old house had very thin walls and this house seems to have thin walls on the upstairs,I'm in the room furthest upstairs from the party wall as well and it feels like it's in the main bedroom not next door!!!! The house before the old house had mega thick walls so it was never an issue there and our neighbours there never used them. I think somewhere someone refered to them as ' The tool of the pikey'? I can't be the only one that hates the damn things?

Heratnumber7 Sat 11-Aug-18 13:50:00

How would you knock a nail into the wall without a hammer?

Hammers are useful things, that, like anything else, can be used inappropriately.

Don't pick on hammers!

Vivianebrezilletbrooks Sat 11-Aug-18 15:26:41

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Heratnumber7 Sat 11-Aug-18 15:30:05

Well, neither. But I do need to hang the odd picture.

Dickybow321 Sat 11-Aug-18 17:22:39

I'm dying to know what the deleted message was 😂

Heratnumber7 Sat 11-Aug-18 19:32:43

She asked if I was from itinerant group of people who live in caravans, or something else. Can't remember the something else.

Dickybow321 Sat 11-Aug-18 20:40:40

Weird
Why so angry about hammers confused

MargotLovedTom1 Sat 11-Aug-18 20:41:34

I'd rather be a hammer than a nail......

TyrionsNextWife Sat 11-Aug-18 20:43:21

Hammering stuff can be great stress relief - maybe you should try it sometime smile

Vivianebrezilletbrooks Sat 11-Aug-18 21:04:37

I'm not wanting anyone hating on me here I just put an opinion up. The opinion wasn't supposed to offend and I didn't intend to offend anyone it's just when you've had how many years of problems caused by neighbours and these instruments there's a point where it's too much and I apologise for snapping as it was getting too much . They're not stress relief but causing headaches and I wouldn't want to cause anyone the headaches and upset I've had by them. I've asked for this thread to be deleted by the way. Just thought I should explain. Thanks.

MillStone Sat 11-Aug-18 21:10:40

Bit weird. Maybe your neighbour hates nails as much as you hate hammers smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: