Talk

Advanced search

Thinking of moving to Bletchingley (Redhill) - any opinions?

(6 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

KarenS19 Sat 11-Aug-18 07:37:53

We (me, DH and LO) are currently looking at a property in Bletchingley (near Redhill) and although the price seems reasonable we have next to zero knowledge about the area. It looks like a nice little village, but as I have found in the past it does not always equate to a safe / peaceful area.

One the main concerns is that there appears to be new developments directly behind the house we are purchasing (on Godstone Road) - while that's not an issue in itself - I'm more concerned about what the area is currently like around that part

Any help would be really appreciated

*Post edited by MNHQ*

Ifailed Sat 11-Aug-18 07:47:36

All I know about the area is that the A25 can get very busy if there are problems on the M25, plus of course the planes taking off/landing at gatwick.

Alexalee Sat 11-Aug-18 08:47:58

Traffic around redhill is a nightmare. Redhill is full of pikeys. Bletchingley is nice

Ridingthegravytrain Sat 11-Aug-18 08:52:58

It’s very quiet. Blink and you’ll miss it. what about south nutfield. Just a few minutes further towards redhill but a more village community.

As pp has said if there is anything going on on m25 between j8-6 the a25 is a nightmare

Nichelette Sat 11-Aug-18 10:09:21

My husband lived there and always said it was full of travellers. I remember going to his one day and seeing a horse pop his head over the hedge in a front garden in a standard end of terrace. Was quite a surprise! I personally quite liked it and would have been happy to live there.

mangocoveredlamb Sat 11-Aug-18 10:16:51

I live near there. Bletchingly is lovely, and I know some very nice people who live there. It’s got a great school, which is over subscribed.
Redhill is slowly slowly improving. The new big Sainsbury’s is great and we’re getting more interesting shops.
From personal experience i’d Say there are a few travellers around, but more towards Merstham!
It’s on my list of places I’d like to live, but we only have one car and DH needs to commute so we have to be close to the station. (I need my car for work)
Traffic can be brutal at rush hour, but I rather assume this is the same everywhere, and the rest of the time it’s quite quite.

We go to two classes in Bletchinfly, ballet and a nice stay and play, and they’re by far the nicest we attend in the local area.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: