Talk

Advanced search

Porcelain wood effect floor tiles...

(11 Posts)
Bluesheep8 Wed 13-Jun-18 06:12:34

Hi, has anyone got these? I mean the big textured plank shaped ones...what do you think? Pics would be great..Also, what to do about grout colour? I'm thinking as close to the one shade as possible plus the tiler has said he will make sure the grout is really "narrow" ie as little as possible on show iyswim.

Bluesheep8 Wed 13-Jun-18 07:49:41

Bumping this as need to make a decision, would love opinions and experience....

Crumbelina Wed 13-Jun-18 07:56:15

Yes, we have some and I love them! We got them from Mandarin Stone who have a beautiful range: www.mandarinstone.com/collections/porcelain-and-ceramic-tiles/wood-effect/

My in-laws have them on their kitchen floor as well (following our recommendation). I think grout colour would depend on where they're going? I'd put light grout if they're going on walls and darker grout if on the floor (to hide dirt a bit better).

Mosaic123 Wed 13-Jun-18 08:08:25

I love the effect and hope to have them installed when I move into my new home.

Bluesheep8 Wed 13-Jun-18 08:52:32

Ah that's heartening, thank you. They're going on the floor in the kitchen so I was thinking darker grout but I want it to tone in as much as poss with the tiles which are a kind if greige colour . I will try to post a link...

LuxuryWoman2017 Wed 13-Jun-18 08:56:15

I had them and they looked great. We had dark grey grout.

Iamagreyhoundhearmeroar Wed 13-Jun-18 08:58:10

Grey / dark brown grout. It sounds odd, but looks great.

KnickersOnTheLine Wed 13-Jun-18 09:02:21

If we hadn’t moved house we were doing our bathroom with them, they’re lovely. Although I think they are worth spending on, cheaper versions were not so nice IMO. A friend has them in her kitchen and they look fabulous. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed if you choose them.

GrumpySausage Wed 13-Jun-18 09:03:46

Yes we had some fitted a few weeks ago in the kitchen. Had kids of compliments on them. We used a grey grout. Picture attached (in the picture I've just mopped then, they're not as shiny as this normally!)

DownUdderer Wed 13-Jun-18 09:25:12

Nice kitchen grumpy sausage! I like the curved cupboard and worktop!

GrumpySausage Wed 13-Jun-18 09:30:41

Thank you downudderer smile. We had magnet fit a few weeks ago and we love it. We decided to go for a curve as DS (and me) had a habit of banging into this corner coming through the door. He's inherited my sense of balance.

The worktop is compressed laminate- but more expensive than normal laminate but looks so much better.

OP our ceramic floor tiles were from B&Q. We got them in the same so real bargain. Like I said lots of compliments on them and easy to keep clean.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: