Talk

Advanced search

A thread for those going on the market this month

(30 Posts)
NapQueen Mon 11-Jun-18 20:34:03

Hi, wondered if anyone going on the market in june fancied a thread to keep each other company?

Mines had the board up today, pics on wednesday. Ive got to get the epc booked in and arrange a solicitor.

LinkyPlease Mon 11-Jun-18 20:39:06

Me! Went live last Saturday. Got open evening / day Thursday evening and Saturday so fingers crossed.
I'm super nervous as sales fell through two years ago due to survey issues. I'm hoping we have resolved the issues as we paid for an expert report to address and thankfully they're not significant, but 3 sales feel through so I'm super paranoid.
We're chain free and probably marketing at FTBs so there's a chance it could all go quickly. However we're in London, plus issues, so it might drag on for a year...

Who else is in?

SailOnSea Mon 11-Jun-18 20:39:59

We go on next week but also going to put it up for rent at the same time in case we can't get the price we want.

NapQueen Mon 11-Jun-18 20:47:18

Open days sound like a great idea! Im north east so not too sure if there will be masses of interest but a couple of places nearby have sold super fast.

Our agent is a "price lower and get offers over" type so hopefully the lower figure will invite more viewings. They generally get 5%over.

myfridgeneedsaclean Mon 11-Jun-18 20:49:16

Oooh We are hoping to get on the market next week. It's so stressful! Pics are getting done this week. We've found the house we want to buy so it's go go go!

LinkyPlease Mon 11-Jun-18 20:50:12

My agent too NapQueen. It makes sense to me, and we just want it gone rather than getting top dollar so it works for me.

Can't wait until this is over!

Are you selling to move? Do you have somewhere else already?

What about you sail?

NapQueen Mon 11-Jun-18 20:51:25

We have three viewings lined up over the next week. All three are vacant, one on a week, one on a month and one on 6 months. The 1 week was has just gone through probate and is our favourite. The others are back ups.

GetOrfMyBin Mon 11-Jun-18 20:52:21

Oooh this is handy.

Ours went on the market on Friday afternoon and we’ve had two viewings booked in today to take place on Friday/Saturday. Nervous about the whole thing, haven’t sold a house before. We’ve got no upper chain as we’re moving in with mil for a bit. Houses in our area seem to be shifting and we are realistically priced. Looking at FTBs.

NapQueen Mon 11-Jun-18 21:04:49

Think ours will go to a Ftb too, we were when we bought it 10 years ago. Selling as we need a third bedroom

jgm Tue 12-Jun-18 11:05:39

Ooh we have just gone on the market too! First time as sellers so a bit daunting, and there's only one house out there we currently like. Had 4 viewings before it went on the internet (2 seemed keen but not heard back :-( ), but no more lined up since it went on the internet yesterday... I'm very impatient about the whole thing!

Melaniesunflower Tue 12-Jun-18 21:39:11

We're going to market next week!!!!! Photos and Home Report getting done in Monday, so a weekend of housework and tidying for us....... We had a conditional offer accepted on a house we love, so hopefully we'll sell quickly, using the same estate agent as is selling the house we want so they have a double incentive to sell ours

muminmanchester Tue 12-Jun-18 21:45:12

Ours went on 10 days ago, had about 14 viewings since then but all have said no. Another 3 this week. We've also found the house we want to buy so desperate for an offer quickly!

NapQueen Wed 13-Jun-18 19:43:43

14 viewings is amazing! Ours has gone onto their FB page today, should be on RM within 24h.

Anyone want a link to the FB?

NapQueen Wed 13-Jun-18 19:44:29

Oh and if anyone on here fancies sharing a link to theirs please feel free to Pm.

NapQueen Thu 14-Jun-18 17:17:02

Four viewings booked in. Imagine they come in a bit thick and fast first then tail off.

jgm Thu 21-Jun-18 19:13:30

How's it going for everyone? We've been on the market for 2 weeks now, 4 viewings initially but nothing for the last week - meanwhile the house we put ours on the market for has sold and there's nothing currently out there that we want. On the plus side it means we're in no rush to sell!

Melaniesunflower Thu 21-Jun-18 21:37:03

I had a busy weekend decluttering and cleaning. House officially goes on the market tomorrow...... fingers crossed

muminmanchester Mon 23-Jul-18 09:00:04

How is everyone getting on? We must have had 49 viewings but no offers yet. Agents keep telling me it's gone very quiet across the board, are you finding the same?

jgm Mon 23-Jul-18 09:18:48

Been on about 6 weeks, about 8 viewings, no offers. Fallen in love with a house (I know!) and just want to be able to make a proceedable offer on it!

Stinkerbelldust Mon 23-Jul-18 09:40:42

We decided to rent ours out in the end. First people who viewed it took it.

HopefullyMoving Mon 23-Jul-18 10:33:48

We put ours on 25th June.

HopefullyMoving Mon 23-Jul-18 10:35:01

Meant to say.....
We put ours on 25th June and agreed a sale with a cash buyer the following week. We were very lucky but we are living in a bit of a property bubble here atm.
Hopefully completing end of August.

BeauticianNotMagician81 Mon 23-Jul-18 22:14:36

We put ours on 11th July. No viewings yet sad

bonfireheart Mon 23-Jul-18 22:56:55

Have had three agents around and want to get it on the websites this week, but am struggling to choose between the estate agents. How did you decide?

jgm Mon 23-Jul-18 23:09:26

@bonfireheart we chose one that did no sale no fee, and also avoided those with upfront fixed fees (figured they had no incentive to get the house sold), and those I found useless when trying to view properties as a buyer. So process of elimination really - but 6 weeks on we haven't sold so I'm probably not in the best position to advise grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: