Talk

Advanced search

Tell me about a good washing machine!

(35 Posts)
Ilikesweetpeas Mon 11-Jun-18 19:48:12

I need a new washing machine, or maybe a washer / dryer. I'd like something with a quick cycle, old machine had a half hour quick wash which was great, current one which has broken hasn't got this feature. What washers do you think are good? Thanks

LRL2017 Mon 11-Jun-18 19:50:33

I have a samsung washer and it's brilliant. Got lots of quick wash settings and the main wash setting is only 1 hr 3 mins, for me the stain away facility on there is brilliant with a young baby it's saved many clothes.

Ilikesweetpeas Mon 11-Jun-18 20:04:20

Thanks, never had a Samsung, that sounds worth looking at

MeMeMeow85 Mon 11-Jun-18 20:32:47

I really like my Samsung washing machine (I think the model is called Ecobubble and has an 8kg load)

Justrunwithit Mon 11-Jun-18 20:33:40

Haha came on to say Samsung ecobubble! LOVE it. All the curry’s staff even the fitters said it was far and away the best.

yorkshireyummymummy Mon 11-Jun-18 20:40:19

Just got a 9kg (large load drum) Bosch from John Lewis and I love it. I roam the house looking for things to wash! It’s so so quiet, spins amazingly well and swallows a huge amount of washing. It’s got a great short cycle too. AND you can open it after you have set it off to put in the sock that you left on the floor - what amazing advancement is that?? DH laughs at me - I feel utterly middle aged now though being in love with a washer!!

CousinQuandry Mon 11-Jun-18 20:42:02

Do not whatever you do get a Bosch.

I am fairly old so am now on my 5th or 6th washing machine. My current Bosch is the one I loathe most.

BubblesBuddy Mon 11-Jun-18 21:15:17

Miele. Mine is cleverer than me!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 11-Jun-18 21:59:13

Miele here- it has a 20 minute quick wash cycle

No annoying 'Beep' when it finishes.
Quiet as a mouse .

I had a really big Bosch before this ( IIRC 9kg ) but the whole thing was massive. It ran for 10 years , I think the bearings went , it got really noisy in the end and I reckoned not worth repairing .

New Miele is a 7kg and looks like dolls furniture in comparison

Ilikesweetpeas Mon 11-Jun-18 22:09:44

Thank you for these suggestions. Google is now my friend!

VinoEsmeralda Mon 11-Jun-18 22:17:10

Our 6 month old Miele broke and they couldnt get an engineer out for 3 weeks ( yep weeks). Finally the day came and he took one look and decided ( machine had to be taken apart) to order a new one. It came 4 days later and was installed by them. No leaking pipes beforehand but app we have dodgy pipes and they left...

Never ever again a Miele (.always have had them)

EmMcK Mon 11-Jun-18 22:23:01

My Samsung is 8 years old and has been bulletproof despite being massively overworked with three small children and cloth nappies and gross muddy sports gear. I bloody love it. It is 7kg capacity so happily washes a decent amount and has a fast cycle of 28 mins.

lookingforbutterflies Mon 11-Jun-18 22:28:18

Love my Samsung eco bubble with the door you can open mid wash. I thought it was an expensive novelty but it's so good. Never realised how many socks I drop or tea towels I forget to put in the wash basket!

OnePotato Tue 12-Jun-18 05:46:23

Came on to say Samsung Exo bubble. We have the one with the really big drum - fits in an amazing amount of washing, it’s brilliant! Would buy the same again if it died tomorrow.

diddlemethis Tue 12-Jun-18 06:29:47

I have had a John Lewis own brand machine for 9 years. It's regular cycles are long, 2+ hours, but it gets clothes really really clean. It always seems to get stains out, and because it rinses so well I only use a small amount of cheap bio wash powder, prob half what is recommended, a big box lasts ages.

You can also do a 20/30/50 mins wash, I would use small amount of liquid for this, again never had a problem.

Wash my cashmere and delicates in the wool wash setting, most of my dry clean only also gets washed this way.

I know my stuff when it comes to fabric, by profession, and LOVE this machine.

rwalker Tue 12-Jun-18 06:36:01

zanussi lindo 8kg 1600 spin easy to use 30 mins fast wash and was only £280

Chocolatedeficitdisorder Tue 12-Jun-18 06:44:13

Another vote for Samsung Ecobubble, had mine for a year and love it.

Crumbelina Tue 12-Jun-18 09:38:34

Samsung!

sulee Tue 12-Jun-18 19:48:48

Another vote for Samsung! I had a Bosch for years which finally packed up and fancied a change. So glad I did- I love it!

bilbodog Tue 12-Jun-18 21:09:35

Miele

SexTrainGlue Tue 12-Jun-18 21:15:34

Is the John Lewis

a) made by AEG?
b) the one that bleeps at you too much?

WellTidy Tue 12-Jun-18 21:18:26

I love my Miele. I’ve had it for 8 years and it has been used pretty much daily. Brilliant at getting stains out, quiet and has a 20 minute cycle. Digital display. Can’t fault it in any way.

SouthwarkSkaters Tue 12-Jun-18 21:18:40

I had a Siemens one that I loved, we had it for 9 years and I was heartbroken to leave it behind when we moved (went into rental, nowhere to put it sad ). Now we have a Samsung ecobubble and I really really like it.

(Re annoying beeping, I turned the Siemens’ one off because it was most annoying but the Samsung plays a little tune when it finishes and it never fails to cheer me up!)

Esbm2015 Tue 12-Jun-18 21:19:14

Another vote for Samsung Ecobubble here. Gets the job done quickly and quietly.

applecatchers36 Tue 12-Jun-18 21:22:15

Miele, quiet, had no problems with ours. 20 min wash useful. No crease, lots of choices of wash couldn't fault ours.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: