Talk

Advanced search

Best areas to live North Nottingham and Derbyshire Area

(11 Posts)
hsduk101 Wed 23-May-18 21:31:21

All,

Im looking to move to the region in the future. Im wondering where the best areas in North Nottingham and Derbyshire to live are? Im not too interested in city living

Datedandold Wed 23-May-18 21:32:53

How much do you want to spend, new build or something older? Have you got a boundary area in mind?

Petitepamplemousse Wed 23-May-18 21:33:47

Does it have to be north Notts? South is much nicer... beautiful Vale of Belvoir countryside, so many gorgeous pretty villages.

aglassofroseplease Wed 23-May-18 22:24:19

There's loads of nice places to live derbyshire and north Notts but you need to be more specific about your wants and needs e.g kids, work, hobbies, interests etc

Petitepamplemousse Wed 23-May-18 22:31:37

Just realised my post was kind of unhelpful. Ignore me I’m sure there are lots of lovely villages in north Notts too.

Childrenofthesun Wed 23-May-18 22:32:48

Melbourne, south of Derby is nice. Not that exciting, but pleasant.

hsduk101 Wed 23-May-18 22:47:14

Hi thankyou for all the kind responses. I have a budget of 150k. Im looking for a house 2-3 bedrooms, thats close-ish to M1. Also good schools would be a bonus. My partner works in Leeds, so need something convenient for both of us x

Datedandold Wed 23-May-18 23:02:10

Newark might be worth looking at- the train appears to run direct to Leeds in about an hour. Retford is another place worth a look, Ollerton. Like all places, it has it’s good and not so good areas- get a good estate agent!

Petitepamplemousse Wed 23-May-18 23:05:40

Newark is quite attractive to look at in the town centre but it can be quite rough. Schools not great. Villages near Newark can be pretty though.

aglassofroseplease Thu 24-May-18 09:18:43

Chesterfield/ Alfreton belper Matlock are all near the M1 Mansfied/ Sutton ex mining areas. There's some lovely little villages in both Notts and Derbyshire. Why not come up for a few days and recce the place so you've a idea of the area then we can give you more specific info

Datedandold Fri 25-May-18 14:50:53

Southwell is lovely, but I’m not sure what 150k would buy you. Also Edwinstowe, but again might be a bit over budget. Come up and have a look x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: