Talk

Advanced search

Best place for mid range bathrooms

(16 Posts)
AgedTawnyPort Wed 23-May-18 05:02:47

I am having two new bathrooms, the world seems to have moved on since I last bought a bathroom.

I have found Bathstore and Victoria Plumb (but my builder pulled a face at the latter).

Any other recommendations?

loveka Wed 23-May-18 05:08:21

I just used Victorian Plumbing. They were great.

I have also used Classical Baths. The guy there is brilliant to deal with.

NumbersLetters Wed 23-May-18 05:41:19

For some reason I read this as 'mild rage bathrooms'!

onemanwentto Wed 23-May-18 06:18:00

We’ve done all 3 bathrooms with b&q units and sinks, toilets, baths and showers.
Really recommend. Nice chunky solid vanity units and modern toilets.

AgedTawnyPort Wed 23-May-18 06:23:28

Could be numbers when I go in there to find my offspring have not flushed yet again.

I thought Victoria Plumb looked fine loveka.

Mayhemmumma Wed 23-May-18 06:24:46

I recently used Victoria plum and thought it was great!

goldierocks Wed 23-May-18 06:41:39

Hello OP

I'm in the middle of a big project right now (fitting two bedroom ensuites, a downstairs cloakroom & a new master bathroom).

I went to four local showrooms & must have my own body weight in brochures. I chose the units for each room, then looked to see where I could get the best price.

Victorian Plumbing came out the winner by a mile, for both the 'luxury' (master bathroom) and simple modern (cloakroom) sanitaryware & furniture.

I found the sundries e.g. branded toilet seats & taps cheaper elsewhere and Victorian Plumbing price-matched for me.

My project manager says they have been very easy to deal with and he's been impressed with the quality and service.

Good luck!

MeMeMeow85 Wed 23-May-18 17:22:02

I would avoid Bathstore for accessories (taps, plugs, flush etc).

Our landlords redid all 3 bathrooms and the downstairs toilet just before we moved in (she’s renting out her house whilst working overseas). The bathrooms all look lovely, but in past 6 months, she’s had to replace/fix our faulty/broken bath plug, toilet flush, sink tap, shower cartridge and now sink plug!! The plumber who came recently said he doesn’t like the quality of the Bathstore accessories

MillyMolly123 Wed 23-May-18 18:27:26

Victoria Plum and Victoria Plumbing are totally different companies. I wouldn’t touch the former with a barge pole, but am planning on buying our new bathroom from the latter.

There is a marked price difference between what the two offer, however. Always go for the best you can afford, IMO - it’ll save you money down the line.

Equimum Wed 23-May-18 20:07:40

Are Victorian Pljmbjng and Cictoria Pljmb really separates companies? We’ve had theee different bathroom cutters tell us they are the same company!

Anyway, sorry, no advice on the original question. (We can’t seem I get our project off the ground!).

MillyMolly123 Wed 23-May-18 22:03:07

Yep, totally different companies, albeit with similar names, hence the common confusion.

AgedTawnyPort Thu 24-May-18 06:51:16

I meant Victorian Plumbing with the green website not Victoria Plumb. I didn’t realise there were two with different names. Perhaps that’s why my builder pulled a face!

MillyMolly123 Thu 24-May-18 07:08:52

You’re safe with Victorian Plumbing, good stuff. Yes, the pulled face will have been in reference to Victoria Plum, very different and not recommended if you want your bathroom to last.

Mayhemmumma Fri 25-May-18 21:22:47

Oh blimey just checked who I've actually bought of I mean v plumbing. Sorry they were good though!

AgedTawnyPort Fri 25-May-18 21:47:34

😂.

Equimum Sat 26-May-18 07:42:12

I stand corrected then, sorry! Shows what the fitters we have had out know (& probably why they nothing about costs!!!).

Also, sorry for the awful typos in my above post.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: