Talk

Advanced search

Is this a bluff?

(6 Posts)
GrumpyandMiserable Tue 13-Mar-18 19:51:31

All going smoothly, were nearing the end of the completion process and estimated completion dates were decided... until we heard from the EA today that the seller has decided to go ahead with a private sale, someone who is paying more than what we had offered.

Is this a bluff to get more money from us- plain greed? Or does this seem genuine?

On the other hand, we are selling our current home too and completion dates were decided. Our buyers are lovely and if the sale doesn’t go through, we would hate to disappoint them at this last stage.

StarsBrokenAgain Tue 13-Mar-18 20:07:10

Terrible behaviour by your sellers. I am shock. I would of thought it is as they say unless the agent has asked if you want to make a counter offer...

JoJoSM2 Tue 13-Mar-18 20:11:12

It's probably exactly what it is. They'll get more money and won't pay a penny of fees to the agent. Not very nice for you but they'll be thousands better off so I can see why they'd do that.

Sengah Tue 13-Mar-18 20:13:25

Sorry to hear it - same thing happened to us before christmas. We assumed the sellers were bluffing and so refused to increase and lost the house. In hindsight I am glad we didn't offer more, it simply wasn't worth it and I hate the thought of lining the pockets of people without any principles. Whether or not it is genuine, it still comes down to greed, if they had already agreed to a sale with you.

GrumpyandMisersble Fri 16-Mar-18 15:13:44

Thought I'll update you guys..

Turned out it was a bluff as the seller came back if we could match the offer he had received.
We went a little higher from our original amount but didn't match it and he still accepted it!

fromtheshires Fri 16-Mar-18 17:31:32

*Thought I'll update you guys..

Turned out it was a bluff as the seller came back if we could match the offer he had received.
We went a little higher from our original amount but didn't match it and he still accepted it!*

I would have told them to do one. When you have made an agreement then you dont renegade on it - end of.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: