Talk

Advanced search

proffesionally painted UPVC - anyone had it done

(6 Posts)
Lookatmenow Mon 12-Mar-18 16:29:50

Has anyone had their doors/window frames proffesionally painted by l companies - keep seeing them all over facebook and looking at having them do the conservatory - what do you think?

And how much? And how did they look? Was it worth it?

Lookatmenow Tue 13-Mar-18 18:23:30

Bumping

myfatarse Wed 31-Oct-18 15:33:00

oh! im interrested in this too

KitchenGuy Sun 04-Nov-18 13:50:33

My sister had he front door professionally painted in multi surface, satin black about a year ago. Despite my scepticism it looks really good and most people just think it's a new black composite door. How long it will last I don't know but still looks as fresh as the day it was done. I think longevity will depend on how well the surface was prepared first.

myfatarse Tue 06-Nov-18 19:24:47

@kitchenguy if you don't mind me asking, how much was it?

KitchenGuy Sun 11-Nov-18 01:29:55

Sorry just noticed this. I don't know exactly just for the door as he done a few other bits while he was there. He charged £200 for the day for him and his assistant for labour, a bit on the high side I thought but all his work was rubbed down well and had a good finish so I thought better than two idiots for £150. The paint was expensive around £40 for 2.5 litres ( AkzoNobel multi surface) but she has tonnes left and is saving it to do some other jobs around the house.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: