Talk

Advanced search

Living against a Lorry Depot?

(7 Posts)
sw112 Mon 19-Feb-18 14:45:56

Keen to know some thoughts on this! I'm planning to buy a house, but the only niggle is the back garden backs onto a Lorry Depot. We have a fence, and then a gap and another fence to the depot, and 10m before the lorry parking from there. But I'm not sure if this is a disaster waiting to happen?!

The Lorries will leave at 6:30am and return at 5pm - which fits around our working hours. So noise isn't a concern.

DuckBilledAardvark Mon 19-Feb-18 14:49:03

The house my parents had when I was born was near (but not bordering) a lorry depot, gorgeous house, lovely location, huge garden... they sold up after a couple of years as the lorry noise was too much.

This was the early 1980s, lorries possibly quieter these days.

Mner Mon 19-Feb-18 16:02:15

I guess you don't know how things might change. Those might be their working hours now but what if e.g. another company takes over.

It must be priced accordingly though...?

RandomMess Mon 19-Feb-18 16:21:17

So workers turning up in their cars from 6am...?

I would literally camp out and see what it is like.

RockPaperCut Mon 19-Feb-18 17:07:48

Is it a forever home? If it is then go ahead with it. If you plan to sell in 10 years or so, then you may have problems with buyers who don’t like it. Personally I wouldn’t buy it, I avoid buying next to pubs, bus stops, schools, etc. I like my peace and quiet.

specialsubject Mon 19-Feb-18 17:38:34

Do you work 7 days a week? Do they?

JoJoSM2 Mon 19-Feb-18 17:44:52

We lived in a house that had a big workshop at the back. Never heard a beep. The garden was very sunny too as there weren't any houses to block the light.

I'd seriously consider the house as long as the area is otherwise nice and you're aren't in the middle of an industrial estate.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: