Talk

Advanced search

Show me your Farrow and Ball

(61 Posts)
Linguaphile Sun 18-Feb-18 08:08:23

We're going to need to be doing a lot of painting when we move into our new house. I'm looking for some beautiful warm white or greyish neutrals for the living/halls/stairwells and then would like something quite strong but soothing to have in our kitchen, on the TV/fireplace wall in the lounge, and in our bedroom.

Inspire me! What have you got on your walls?

thethoughtfox Sun 18-Feb-18 08:15:05

We have Clunch on the walls in our family room. Dark oak floors, woodburning stove with simple large wooden beam mantle and lovely Clunch on the walls. It's like a warm beige neutral.

NoFucksImAQueen Sun 18-Feb-18 08:23:33

Following

Crumbelina Sun 18-Feb-18 09:13:42

We've gone for Pavillion Grey in the living room with the wooden fire surround painted in Down Pipe. Works beautifully. I could snap you a pic but the room is a real mess! Toddler and baby have taken over at the moment confused

ElanorGamgee Sun 18-Feb-18 09:17:08

If you request a paint card on the webpage F&B send your an ideas booklet with lots of grey ish photos of ‘splendid’ rooms.

thelikelylass Sun 18-Feb-18 09:24:06

Middleton Pink in my kitchen/diner, along with copper accessories (lighting etc) and walnut wood work/dark wood table. It looks beautiful with, not 'girly' more 'Mad Men' vintage colours. I'm very happy with it and want more colour in the home now!

SmiledWithTheRisingSun Sun 18-Feb-18 09:45:47

Also following smile

lilyclover Sun 18-Feb-18 09:46:38

We have Joa's White in the lounge, a warm neutral. Shaded White (slightly darker than Shadow White) in the kitchen.

Elephant's Breath in the home cinema room, a greige I suppose. And Skimming Stone in the master bedroom, grey with pink tints.

All the F&B colours are lovely.

Spanglybangles Sun 18-Feb-18 10:03:16

We have vert de terre in the kitchen 1st pic
Peignoir in dd room 2nd pic
Borrowed light in ds room 3rd pic
Elephants breath in living room to - follow in next post

Spanglybangles Sun 18-Feb-18 10:03:48

The elephants breath

IMissGin Sun 18-Feb-18 10:10:33

Drop cloth in hall

Secondsop Sun 18-Feb-18 10:10:57

I have lamp room grey in my bedroom (a lovely true grey), elephant’s breath below the dado in the playroom and hallway, and Wimborne white above the dado. I think the most important thing when choosing F&B is to bear in mind that the nature/direction of your light is everything. I found the north facing rooms such as the playroom etc very hard to find the right colour as everything was throwing blue. I must have tried 30 testers of pale greys and nothing worked until elephant’s breath. Elephants breath is a very warm grey that will look completely beige in some houses but is a lovely subtle grey in my back rooms. My lamp room grey is in a sunny south facing room which also has blue wallpaper in it and it works well in there.

I also have Borrowed Light in a small south-facing bedroom and it’s lovely but is a very clear blue to me, whereas I know for some people it looks much greyer.

IMissGin Sun 18-Feb-18 10:11:48

Skimming stone in DDs room

IMissGin Sun 18-Feb-18 10:12:49

Slipper satin in ours

IMissGin Sun 18-Feb-18 10:14:55

Ammonite in DSs

PrimalLass Sun 18-Feb-18 10:19:30

Ammonite in the hall. But I'm going to repaint in Dulux as it has got so grubby.

DancesWithOtters Sun 18-Feb-18 10:22:28

@IMissGin That's a beautiful baby you have!

Cloudylemons Sun 18-Feb-18 10:25:13

I have white on my kitchen walls and London Stone for the painted cupboards and shelf above the chimney, it’s beautiful!

IMissGin Sun 18-Feb-18 10:26:28

Haha!! Yep, the heartburn was terrible...

peachypetite Sun 18-Feb-18 10:27:06

Not farrow and ball but Dulux polished pebble is throughout our house and looks beautiful.

Cloudylemons Sun 18-Feb-18 10:27:42

I’ll find a photo, it’s messy, please excuse!

KittyKK Sun 18-Feb-18 10:29:22

I loved Elephant’s Breath in the living room, Slipper Satin in the kitchen and Oval Room Blue for bedroom. I want to try Mole’s Breath in my next house!

F&B do in-home colour consultations if you’re unsure. The colours changes with the light throughout the day!! Not cheap (there’s a partial voucher back to spend), but it’s expensive paint so worth no making a mistake!

lizkt Sun 18-Feb-18 10:31:49

I have Lamp Grey on door, Blackened in living room, Elephant's Breath in bedroom and Cornforth White in hallway/landing. Love them all in different ways.

Puffthemagicdragongoestobed Sun 18-Feb-18 10:33:15

We have vert de Terre in the living room with pointing above the picture rail. Entire kitchen is in pointing modern emulsion. Our bedroom in the loft is mouses back and I am glad we went for a bold colour there. DD’s room is light blue which is beautiful.
All wood work is pointing. Pointing is a creamy warm white which works well with any lighting.

Worldsworstcook Sun 18-Feb-18 10:36:18

We have ammonite in the kitchen but tbh it's so pale you'd not really know it's grey. regret not going a bit stronger

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: