Talk

Advanced search

Anyone give me some kitchen tips or ideas?

(8 Posts)
NataliaOsipova Wed 14-Feb-18 17:12:12

Going to have an extension and a new kitchen, which is exciting....but a bit daunting. Can't decide on anything! I've seen a lot of the handless German kitchens around, which do look lovely, but I'm wondering a) will lack of handles drive me mad and b) will this style look a bit dated in five years time?

Any views? Any tips? Any ideas about what to look at or where to look? It'll be a reasonably large room with a dining area at one end. We've got wooden units with dark granite worktops at the moment, which we thought would be "classic" but now look a bit dated. Trying not to make an expensive mistake.....

4yearsnosleep Wed 14-Feb-18 17:27:42

You need to read the MN Lessons Learned Kitchen thread. It has tonnes of advice 🙌🏼 I can't link to it from my phone but it should come up in a search.

My main tip is choose whatever you love grin

NataliaOsipova Wed 14-Feb-18 17:32:46

Just read that thread....and wondered if there were any updates stylewise! I think my own preference is a bit old fashioned 😂.....don't want to put something in which looks dated already.....

ProfessorLayton1 Wed 14-Feb-18 17:35:25

Have a look at painted kitchens - plain English or British standard if your looking at German kitchens so may be you would be ok budget wise

4yearsnosleep Wed 14-Feb-18 18:01:41

DIY kitchens has nearly 2000 real kitchens, there's some brilliant ones (admittedly some awful ones too) but will give you lots of ideas. I also recommend searching through Instagram using #kitcheninspo #realkitchensofinstagram #dreamkitchen etc x

NataliaOsipova Wed 14-Feb-18 19:07:12

Ooh - great website - hadn't spotted that. Thanks. Liking the look of some of the painted ones too. Presumably you then have the option of repainting in the future if you fancy a change of style?

4yearsnosleep Wed 14-Feb-18 19:26:53

We've gone for the Norton as the doors are solid wood, so we figured if we dislike it in the future we can repaint & it's a timeless design.

For the modern look, someone on here has their painted Matt Luca (I think) and it's completely stunning!

ProfessorLayton1 Thu 15-Feb-18 04:38:54

DIY kitchens are great and mine is from there, very pleased with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now