Talk

Advanced search

Security steel doors: recommendations (London)?

(3 Posts)
SouthLondonDaddy Wed 14-Feb-18 10:21:08

Do you have any recommendations for installers of security doors? I don’t mean wooden doors that can be kicked down with an axe, but proper security doors with a steel frame, of the kind that is common in many continental European countries.
The only ones I know of are:
www.kensingtonsecuritydoorsandwindows.co.uk/ , which are a supplier of www.torteroloere.it/index.php?lng=2

and steelsecuritydoors.co.uk/

These security doors can be ‘disguised’ to look as ordinary wooden doors, so they would not look out of context.

AFAIK Banham doors are expensive but are still mostly wood, and cannot compare with these.

Please note the question is NOT whether you think such a door is appropriate or overkill, but simply if you know of any installer.

Thanks!

GreenTulips Wed 14-Feb-18 10:23:07

No idea - but I know you can get metal retractable inside door/windows that lock that add security - my nan had them after a burglary - cheaper than replacement door

ToadOfSadness Fri 30-Mar-18 22:31:32

Only just found this.

@SouthLondonDaddy
We have a security door. I would NOT use Matadoors, we have had endless problems with leaks at the side and underneath. The lock sticks. However I do feel safer with the door than the old wooden one.

There are other companies on London, suggest looking at reviews and asking on Facebook local groups.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: