Talk

Advanced search

Cheaper alternative to this wallpaper

(17 Posts)
Redtartanshoes Mon 12-Feb-18 22:14:27

this

I’m in love with it but fuck it’s ridiculously £££.

Can anyone recommend a cheaper alternative. Either that or convince me it’s horribke

Thanks! flowers

Geneticsbunny Tue 13-Feb-18 07:33:52

That is beautiful <misses point completely>.

Bluntness100 Tue 13-Feb-18 07:36:36

Omg the price of that. It's a bit in your face for me, but imagine it would be beautiful in a girls bedroom.

Sorry. Not much help.

Hobbes8 Tue 13-Feb-18 07:40:14

I have this, but the colours are a lot brighter:

www.photowall.co.uk/photo-wallpaper/watercolour-rainbow

They have similar things in blues/greys though. Search watercolour.

Hobbes8 Tue 13-Feb-18 07:40:59

This one is nice:
www.photowall.co.uk/photo-wallpaper/abstract-watercolor-frame

Hobbes8 Tue 13-Feb-18 07:42:19

Ooh!

www.photowall.co.uk/photo-wallpaper/sea-glass

I think they do all their paper as large canvases as well, if you didn't want to do a whole wall.

FrostiesMum Tue 13-Feb-18 07:43:26

Ooooh @hobbes8 are they any good? I want something for the Double height wall on our stairs and this looked a great way of getting a statement on the wall. Did you have a professional put it up?

Lucisky Tue 13-Feb-18 07:55:41

Unless you are very experienced, get a professional to put these up. I consider myself an experienced wallpaperer. I bought a mural, which came in VERY wide widths. It was very difficult to handle because of this, and it was a two person job. If I ever got another one, I would not even attempt it myself. The thing with wallpaper is, if you make a bad mistake, you can cut yourself another length - there is no room for error on a mural - there is no 'spare'.

Feezles Tue 13-Feb-18 09:43:49

Oh no! I practically bankrupted myself on bluebellgray linen for our bedroom, now I'm going to have to do the same on the wallpaper!

I love bluebellgray!

Feezles Tue 13-Feb-18 09:47:53

I saw this in an interiors mag recently, and it looked AMAZING - I am lusting after it for the recess we have in our hallway. You'll have to trust me though, it doesn't look anywhere near as good on the cole and son website.

www.cole-and-son.com/en/collection-geometric-ii/wallpaper-93/6020/

Redtartanshoes Tue 13-Feb-18 11:15:11

Oooh replies!!!

Had just posted again in chat in desperation

Redtartanshoes Tue 13-Feb-18 11:18:32

I’d def get a professional as I’m a very amateur paperer. Got imagine if you fucked it up?? I’d cry.

I want it for my living room, as a ((whispers))) feature wall. With grey chesterfield.

Will have a look at the alternatives. And also work out how many rolls I’d need. Maybe 2.... or 3.

3luckystars Tue 13-Feb-18 12:18:57

Zoffany definitely definitely do something similar because I have a sample of it in my attic for ages and it’s gorgeous! I love looking at it but would never be allowed it here. I will try to track it down for you, I think it’s actually nicer!

Hobbes8 Tue 13-Feb-18 13:46:05

Yes I got a decorator to do it - I've never hung wallpaper so can't really judge how tricky it was. It comes in normal width strips, and seem to have good instructions for lining up the pattern. But obviously there's no repeating pattern so if you make an mistake you're screwed.

I love mine though.

whiskyowl Tue 13-Feb-18 13:53:46

feezies - My BIL has just put a very similar paper in his guest room. The trouble is, while it looks amazing in photographs, it's a bit nausea-inducing in real life. Something about the way the triangles overlap makes me feel distinctly seasick when I slee in there. Do get a large sample to try before you buy!

Feezles Tue 13-Feb-18 15:06:35

Good point, whiskyowl - I'd definitely check it out beforehand. My hope would be that since it would be in an alcove by the front door, with quite a lot of it behind a mirror and a credenza, it wouldn't be OTT.

Ah, who am I kidding, it's not like DH will actually let me do it anywaysmile

whiskyowl Tue 13-Feb-18 15:52:56

Ahh, using a small amount with stuff in front wil make a ton of difference I think! It's such a strange thing, but the triangles on his (which is a bluer version) feel like they are moving!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now