Talk

Advanced search

If you have an Island as a dining table

(8 Posts)
mrssunshinexxx Mon 12-Feb-18 19:25:38

Please show me pics of your kitchen/island thanks

mrssunshinexxx Mon 12-Feb-18 20:16:13

Baxdream Tue 13-Feb-18 07:21:52

We're currently using ours as one as we're waiting for our dining table to arrive. I have to say I love our island but I wouldn't want it as a permanent solution

mrssunshinexxx Tue 13-Feb-18 07:49:28

Why baxdream x

Baxdream Tue 13-Feb-18 08:40:25

It's not overly comfortable to eat dinner, I find it odd being so high eating. I absolutely love it in the mornings or for sitting having a glass of wine.
Personally I love a family meal at a dining table

mrssunshinexxx Tue 13-Feb-18 12:20:30

Thanks for replying currently we have one it only seats 3 so luckily I know we love it but want one seating 6/8 so was hoping to see some piccies

BubblesBuddy Tue 13-Feb-18 13:51:57

I can seat 4 at mine but it is the same height as the worktop. It’s circular and sits at one corner of the Islsnd.

What might work for you is a table attached to the island, but at a lower height. I have seen these in magazines or you could look on Houzz. Sitting all in a line wouldn’t work but a rectangular one at right angles or as an island continuation could work if you have a big space. I have also seen ones with built in benches.

mrssunshinexxx Tue 13-Feb-18 16:05:16

Rectangle with 4 seats down each side is what we are going for with low lights hanging down over it why do you think it wouldn't work? Interested to see a pic of yours if I may please

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now